I made it to my Martial Arts Fitness class last night. The whole class was a kettle bell workout, which was fun and different. I was just bummed that I was so sore from Crossfit on Monday that I couldn’t really put a lot of effort into it. I guess doing something is better than nothing.
Today, I decided to renew my healthy eating vows.
Last night I was down in the dumps. Mostly because I’ve been eating like crap and it depresses me. After fitness class, I went to Publix and picked up a bunch of healthy snacks so I could start over today, but not before saying farewell to my unhealthy eating habits with a couple of these:
The beer. Not the eggs.
If you make hard-boiled eggs while drinking beer, that makes the beer healthy. That’s fact and you can’t argue with fact. I may have also had a few of my special margaritas. And a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. And some Cocoa Pebbles. And some Munchies Snack Mix. I needed to say goodbye properly.
Hopefully this time will be different and I’ll stick to my goals because unlike the times before, I have a goal date: July 16th. That’s our Taekwondo school’s yearly beach day. Beach day means I’ll be wearing a bathing suit in front of people I know. People like this:
Do you see a trend there? They are all already hot and they will be in bikinis. If I want to stand within 20 feet of them, I’ll need to catch up. So, now I start Operation: Be-Hot-By-July-16-Otherwise-I-Will-Pretend-I-Don’t-Know-Any-Of-Those-Three-Ladies-At-The-Beach.
Here’s the plan:
- Eat fewer sweets. I won’t cut them out all together because that would never work for me. But I will try to avoid things like this:
That’s the menu for Tenders here in Orlando. I want to go to that place so bad just for the dessert menu. I hear you can bring in any dessert you want and they will FRY IT FOR YOU. I’m going to bring in a ladel of frosting.
- Eat more protein. Hard-boiled eggs. Check.
- Eat more fats. I tend to eat foods really low in fat and they don’t fill me up. Hubs suggested I eat more fats. Frosting has a lot of fat, right?
- Keep up my current strength training plan. Even when marathon training starts, I want to strength train 3 days a week. I can tell I have gotten stronger in the past couple months just from Crossfit. Now, if the fat would kindly move off my muscles, I’ll be able to see it.
- Drink less diet drinks and use less Splenda. I would say “quit diet drinks and Splenda” but I know that will never happen. Staying away from cupcakes and cookies is stressful enough.
- Eat less peanut butter. I know it’s good for you, but I tend to go overboard with my peanut butter consumption. Also, my best friend mentioned to me today that peanut butter might be the cause of my stomach problems. I’ve had stomach problems for about a year now which is when I started eating more PB. She’s started eating more PB in the past month and has had the same problem for a month. Coincidence? Maybe. But you never know, so I’ll try it out. Right after I finish this jar of peanut butter.
- Cook something new and healthy. I don’t know what it will be, but I’m going to try to cook something that is not brownies.
This weekend will already present my first challenge. I’m going to the Electric Daisy Carnival. That’s two 10-hour days with carnival food all around me. I plan on bringing a few healthy snacks (hopefully they let me in with them) and eating a larger meal before I arrive.
What’s your #1 healthy eating habit?
P.S. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that comment regularly. You know who you are! I love reading your comments and they truly make my day. 🙂 /sappy