There have been a lot of things I’ve wanted to write about lately but I can’t seem to find the time to do it. So instead of writing a bunch of blogs about past stuff, I thought I’d give you the abridged version.
1. I went out with the girls the other night. Ok, it was two weeks ago. The point here is that I got dressed up and looked all civilized and whatnot.
If you can’t find me, just follow the ass in from the left.
I can’t tell you how many test pictures Kate (on the bottom right) took and she never said anything. How can you not see an ass full of ruffles sticking out? I’m calling conspiracy.
2. Last week, I went to see One Republic with the hubs and the bestie.
I’ve never heard of their opener, Mayer Hawthorne, but they were literally one of the worst bands I’ve ever seen live. Just terrible, terrible music that made you question if you should stay for the main act. And life. They made you question life.
The night significantly improved when One Republic took stage. I’m not a fan of them, but the bestie is and it’s important to support the besties.
The concert was on a Monday night, which I reserve solely for sitting on the couch and being depressed I have to work four more days until another weekend. So you know I love her if I change up that schedule.
3. Last week, hubs and I also went to see Wolfgang Gartner. (I can hear the collective “who?” right now.) He’s a techno DJ that hubs loves. Get ready for a picture that is going to make you feel 82% older.
Yeah, it was like that. But there was lots of good people watching, like that guy in plaid at the front of the stage with both arms up. You know you’re old when you’re watching him jump up and down for two hours and thinking, “Man, I bet he gets to eat whatever he wants with all that exercise!”
4. The Wolfgang Gartner show was at a club called Roxy that’s about 15 minutes from my house. There was a letter out on their sign…
I can’t make that stuff up.
5. I love this picture of hubs so I thought I’d share.
What’s the first thing you look for in a partner? I look at teeth first. Man, I love a good set of pearly whites. I’m mesmerized by hub’s teeth. When an old middle school friend saw a picture of us for the first time, she said, “I knew you’d marry someone with good teeth.” So apparently this has been my thing for a long time.
6. It only took until August, but I made something that wasn’t cooked in the microwave this year.
That’s a ground turkey, onion, and squash stuffed pepper with salsa and goat cheese. It was really good. When hubs told me he thought it needed more salt, I pretended to hear, “This is the best thing I’ve ever eaten and nothing compares to it.” So, all is well.
7. Hamsters eat with one hand and it’s adorable.
8. These just don’t get old for me.
9. I’m still running. I’ve only been doing 4-5 milers but I’m ready to start adding mileage on the weekends. I found a training plan on the back of an old flyer for the Orlando half marathon, so I might as well follow it this year since I’m running the race again and didn’t sign up for my running group.
That schedule is super close to what I do now except I cross train on Friday’s instead of rest and I do my long run on Saturday or Sunday depending on what I have going on over the weekend (i.e., when the booze flows). Since I’m doing 5-milers already, I’m a month ahead for the weekend mileage, so I’ll probably end up getting more longer runs in than what’s scheduled.
10. Did anyone see the True Blood finale last night? Man, that whole season was a real stinker.
The Lilith storyline was a bust when it had some serious potential, Warlow was a lame character that was supposed to be super powerful but wasn’t, and there was barely any Lafayette all season. He can talk to the dead now, surely you can insert him into the storyline more. The show didn’t get good until the last half hour. So, 30 minutes of 13 hours of programming were good. I’m pushing that show from “orders HBO every year for it” to “Netflix when I have time.” Don’t think I didn’t appreciate the full frontal from Eric, though. Because I did. A lot.