This week went considerably slower than last. I’m still spending mass quantities of time in the gym, but mostly because I don’t want to sit in my hotel room and stare at a wall. Therefore I’ve been doing lots of miles on the treadmill. Most of those miles are walking but I’m still working on that one speedy mile.
- Friday’s mile: No speedy mile. Went to bed early.
- Saturday’s mile: Race day and we know none of those were speedy.
- Sunday’s mile: 8:34 pace.
- Monday’s mile: Tried an 8:27 and lasted one whole minute.
- Tuesday’s mile: 8:27 pace.
Those miles are getting considerably harder to maintain. I’m still aiming for something in the 7’s by next week.
My trainer also sent me a workout to do in my hotel room that I thought I’d share. Let’s just say I haven’t done a plank in probably two years or a pill bug ever, so I was feeling this.
How to do:
A few of those videos have beginner and advanced moves, so if you’re just starting out, don’t be skerred.
Get ready for those abs to hurt. Probably a good idea to give all your unfunny, depressing friends a call after this one. You’ll want to hang out with them.