1. I am currently on Day 5 of good eating. That means Day 5 of lower carb. Day 5 with minimal desserts. And more importantly, Day 5 without peanut butter. I have an unopened jar at home that I find myself gazing at longingly a couple times a day. Also, now that I’m peanut butter free, I’ve realized that I don’t really like Saltine crackers and bananas. They were just a means to transport more peanut butter into my mouth. I’m looking forward to the day when I can just spoon it all in again.
2. Speaking of eating lower carb, it is making my Crossfit workouts so much harder. I am just dying during them. The workouts don’t have new moves or anything like that and I usually get tired, but just not this tired. I’m sure I’ll get used to the lower carb thing at some point and start busting out workouts like it ain’t no thang.
That’s usually how I look by the way. Just like that.
3. I haven’t been running much. Still. I might get in about three miles a week, and that’s not even consecutive miles. This week, I thought I would get back at it. So, last night I did a speed run. I warmed up for .60 miles and then did this x8.
- 1 minute @ 8:00
- 2 minutes @ 10:00
I went to the gym with the intention of doing 10 repeats. Guess who’s endurance is shot? THIS girl. I could barely get through 6 and 7. Very humbling and sucky experience. I’m going to have to change my treadmill approach.
4. Work is sending me to Killeen, TX again. For three weeks. Three! I’m not even sure how one packs for three weeks but I’m fairly certain I should just put my house on wheels and roll it there.
5. Hubs and I think Pants has a ghost petter.
See those lines in her fur where it looks like someone scratched her back? At first we thought it was from her squeezing in and out of her box. But those lines are there all.the.time. We’ll even mess up her hair so it stands straight up and it will go right back to looking like that. See? Ghost petter.
6. Go check out this post about yours truly. I giggled reading the whole thing. I even made the blog title! Plus, she is much better at recapping events than I am and has much better pictures.