I’m currently enjoying a big, fat, unplanned 5-day weekend. Work is going to be busy for the next couple months so we were “encouraged” to take time off before that happens. I don’t need to be asked twice. So, this is what’s been going on.
1. Hubs and I went to see The Amazing Spiderman Tuesday night.
We both liked it better than the Tobey McGuire one, not that I really liked that one much anyway. But this one was really good, even if I can’t get into a giant lizard being the villain. Hubs thought he was well done but eh…it’s a big lizard. That doesn’t do it for me.
2. Last week I finally finished reading Insurgent.
I loved it. For the first 50 pages or so, I was bummed that the book wasn’t as gripping as Divergent but then holy hell it picks up and has an ending that makes you go “whaaaa?” So yeah, I loved it. Now I have to wait a year for the third book to come out. Life is hard.
In the meantime, I’m reading Gone Girl because Michelle told me to.
I’m not much of a reader but I read almost everything Michelle recommends because she literally has a 99% success rate with me. (I’ll forgive Bossypants, couldn’t get through it.) Let’s just say, I started Gone Girl yesterday and I’m already half way through it. So, so good. I’m starting to neglect things like personal hygiene and my husband just to read more. I’ll be stinky and dirty by Sunday, but at least the book with be finished.
3. Last night, hubs and I stayed home instead of venturing out to see fireworks. I’m just not good at dealing with mass crowds for a 20-minute fireworks show even though I love me some fireworks.
In our boredom, we discovered you can watch the first 10 minutes of the movies on XBOX Live before you rent them. So that’s what we did. We watched the first 10 minutes of four movies: Hop, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, Wrath of the Titans, and Harold and Kumar’s Very Special Christmas. After 40 minutes, we realized we had to pick one to avoid having the lamest night ever, so we chose Hop.
Holy crap that’s a cute movie. My God…the bunnies! THE BUNNIES. So adorable. And this movie is Pants approved.
4. I went grocery shopping yesterday and my credit card wouldn’t go through at check out. This morning I got a fraud alert call from my bank about that transaction. While I appreciate a fraud alert when something looks suspicious, is it too much to ask that the fraud alert be a little…fraudier? Not only do I shop at Publix all the time, I shop at that particular Publix all the time. I’ve made way more suspicious purchases than a cart full of groceries.
5. I share a desk with a guy at work and we alternate days in the office. He’s ex-military and, I’m assuming, not one for decorations. So I took it upon myself to decorate for him.
I hope he likes bunnies and bows.
What did you do for the fourth?