I know you’ve been anxiously awaiting another recipe post. Ever since I made that Meatza masterpiece, I’m sure you’re thinking “what can’t this girl do?” Besides stick to a lower-carb diet, cook, run fast, or avoid alcohol. So that’s why I was happy that my Crossfit trainer finally gave me the recipe for Paleo Egg Cupcakes. Unfortunately, I was also trying to count out 100 flutter kicks at the time and I’m horrible at retaining any information that isn’t celebrity related. So this is the recipe I came up with from what I remembered.
Paleo Egg Cupcakes
Ingredients: (You can customize most of these.)
- One dozen eggs, whisked (I had leftovers, so you could probably use 10 or 11 eggs)
- 1/4 lb lean ground beef, cooked
- 1/4 red, green, and yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- Mushrooms, finely chopped
- Jalapenos, finely chopped
- Spinach, finely chopped (I forgot this, but I meant to put it in there and that counts for something.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic salt or powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. After preparing all veggies and meat, add them to whisked eggs and whisk some more. Don’t argue, just do it. (You can make life easier and use a food processor instead of hand chopping. Process spinach last so it doesn’t liquefy.)
3. Spray cupcake pan with non-stick spray. Spray it like it’s mace and the pan is your attacker or all your cupcakes but 2 will stick to the pan.
3. Add 1/4 cup of the mixture to cupcake pan.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Eat ‘em up, Buttercup!
These turned out pretty good! They’re a really healthy, low-carb snack for when you’re trying not to drink and eat ice cream pie before races. 😉 I used 1/4 tsp. of salt and garlic and it wasn’t enough, so I increased those for the recipe but you may need to experiment with them. They’re especially good topped with cheese, salsa, or hot sauce. Or my new fave, Ortega Green Sauce. (yum)
The winner of the ProFeet giveaway is:
Congrats! Email me your address at email@example.com and I’ll send them out.