It’s time for another Five for Friday. It’s a random one, but then again, when am I not?
1. Three years ago today, this old thing happened.
Our anniversary just happens to fall on our every other Friday off work schedule, so we’ve celebrated so far by doing the dishes and cleaning the pool. Tonight, we might even even enjoy a carb with dinner. We get pretty crazy after three years. Or 10. Nothing like a wedding to reset that dating anniversary and wipe out 7 years of hard labor.
2. Right now, hubs is off getting his hair done. Presumably to look pretty for me for our anniversary and keep up with my lifetime of hair color changes.
Incidentally, that last picture is the look he gets on his face when I talk about running.
3. Race weekend month is here! Tomorrow, Michelle and I leave for Tampa to run the Gasparilla Half Marathon on Sunday. It’s my favorite half marathon of the 11 I’ve done and the first one I deemed worthy of repeating, even with the guy slapping people’s asses at the turn around last year (<—-race review link). I haven’t used my Camelback in a long time but I think it’s time to bust it out again. I’m not sure how I’ll do, so right now I’m just hoping to beat last years time (2:16:55) which I really hope is possible since that time included 2 “special deliveries.” Then again, I haven’t run a half faster than 2:18 in a year, so who knows what will happen out there.
4. I ran a few times this week in my new Mizuno Wave Riders. Once with the Superfeet inserts and once without. I don’t think those inserts work for me because everything felt much more normal without them. Now the shoes seem a little narrow and rub my feet the wrong way. So these aren’t the right shoes for me either. EFF.
What should I do? Pad up my feetsies with double socks and band-aids and run in my new shoes this weekend, or run in my old shoes that possibly have too many miles (350) on them already and could be the cause of calf pain?
5. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you already know that little ole me was featured in Fitness Magazine’s “Fit Bloggers We Love.” Go check out the article. It totally makes me feel like a celebrity.
I’ve already informed Michelle that I will need her to turn down my bed and put a mint on my pillow this weekend. I think I also want her to announce my name Price-is-Right style as I walk into any new room. I don’t think I’m asking too much.