1. On Wednesday, I went out for an easy run that turned into a speed run. I did 5 miles at a 9:39 average pace. I ran 2 miles and then stopped at a water fountain in the park. Then I got the bright idea to run as fast as I could (when there’s not someone chasing me with a knife) to the next water fountain, get a drink, take a minute or two walk, and then repeat. So my run ended up looking like this:
- Mile 1: 9:54
- Mile 2: 9:37
- Mile 3: 9:31
- Mile 4: 9:16
- Mile 5: 9:07
That’s pretty fast for my slow ass. And it wasn’t even on a treadmill. <—-progress
2. I went to see Breaking Dawn yesterday. I’m gonna stop talking about things I’m looking forward to on the blog because they turn out shitty. First my marathon, then Breaking Dawn. From now on, I’m only talking about Carrot Top and Yanni.
So, yeah, I thought Breaking Dawn was the worst movie in the series so far. I was pretty disappointed because it was my favorite book of the four. Also, I thought Eclipse was the worst book and it was my favorite of the movies.
There were things about Breaking Dawn that I liked but a lot of things I didn’t.
*Spoilers in the next paragraph if you haven’t read the books*
The first half of the movie was pretty boring. The wedding was drawn out and they downplayed Bella’s injuries big time after the first honeymoon night, probably for the pg-13 rating. There was a scene with the wolf pack talking that was just ridiculous and I swear it didn’t seem that lame in the book. I did like how they handled Bella’s transformation, but they downplayed the pain she went through. I just think they could have shown more with the transformation and nixed some of the wedding stuff including a dream sequence that wasn’t even necessary.
I’m hoping Part 2 will be awesome. And now I’ve become one of those annoying people that complain the movie isn’t as good as the book and get all snobby about it.
3. I noticed on the last post a lot of you are big Hunger Games fans too. 🙂 Has anyone seen Battle Royale?
It was made in 2000 and is basically the Japanese (i.e. subtitles), bloody version of Hunger Games. The movie is really good (except the very end kinda sucks).
4. I met my group for a 14 mile run this morning that turned into a 10 mile run (10:19 pace). Brad and I were killing it pace-wise and then my knee started hurting at mile 7.5. That would be the same pain I had during the marathon and it started during the same mile. Awesome. I made it to mile 10 and backed out of the last four. When I got home, I iced my knee for a half hour. Incidentally, my shoulder didn’t hurt at all, which is the one thing that’s been hurting all week. WTF body?
5. I went for my second laser hair removal appointment today. I asked all sorts of questions like why they don’t use numbing cream and where babies come from. The technician told me that other clients said they feel no difference when using the cream so she doesn’t use it (hmm). She said I could use it next time if I wanted to come in 45 minutes earlier than the appointment time. Since it takes about 12 seconds to do each underarm, and women all over the world are giving birth without drugs, I figured I could handle 12 seconds of the death laser.
They didn’t even ask for a tip this time! And the lady that does the lasering complimented my hair again. Really, all you need to do is compliment me to make me forget why I was mad to begin with. Nicely done, laser lady. Nicely done.
6. I hate coffee and my best friend made me drink a Starbuck’s coffee yesterday. Ok, so it wasn’t called coffee. It was a Peppermint Mocha Frapucchino Light. It was free. And it was magnificent. I do not need Starbucks to be my new money vacuum.
7. In my quest to try every vodka flavor in existence, I bought this today.
I have no idea what to do with it, but I’m sure I’ll figure something out. There was also “Gummy” flavor. I couldn’t think of anything to mix with it so I didn’t buy it, but now I need it. *cough*Christmas present*cough*
What would you mix with Marshmallow vodka?
What’s your favorite Twilight movies in order of most to least favorite? I vote Eclipse, Twilight, New Moon, Breaking Dawn.