1. Rachael tweeted me some devastating news yesterday that the price of peanut butter is going up by 40% by the end of this month. WTF peanut butter? Like I don’t have enough of a problem trying to pay for my drinking habit. You can find me at the local grocery store hoarding this weekend. This also might be a good time to tell you that I got back together with someone special.
The picture looks overexposed, but that’s just the light shining down from Heaven whenever we get together. I won’t leave you again, Sunflower Seed butter.
So what’s the consistency of Sunflower Seed butter supposed to be? The first 2-3 jars I had were like a thick soup and it could almost (but not quite) drip off the knife. My current jar looks like this.
Which one is normal?
2. Thanks to this guy for tweeting me this awesome story about a guy who took a bus to the finish line of his marathon. He got caught, but Michelle and I are going to be much smarter. We’re already hashing out our plan to hide skateboards in the bushes in Savannah.
3. Yesterday morning, I got up early to do my 4 tempo miles at the gym so I could go to Crossfit that night. As I was leaving, a gym employee was putting out bagels and cream cheese for the members. Planet Fitness has bagels every second Tuesday morning of the month, and pizza every last Thursday night of the month. Awesome idea, a-holes.
4. Tomorrow is Bring Your Pet to Work day. Ever since I was bitten by a dog, I have a mild hatred of all dogs I don’t know personally except wrinkly, pissed-off looking breeds like Pugs and French Bulldogs. And Basset Hounds. I like them too. Ok, maybe I only hate ugly dogs like the little f*cker that bit me. Either way, I will be avoiding them tomorrow.
Hubs wants to bring Pants to work so bad but I’m sure she would flip out. She was spooked by a snake she heard on TV the other day. Then, the other week it sounded like her whole playpen fell down so I ran out to see what was wrong. She was running away from something that spooked her and was slamming into the playpen at full speed face-first. The playpen is made for dogs and she was moving it across the floor she was slamming into it so hard. Poor thing. I felt so bad and tried to calm her down. This happened once before and I thought someone had been in the house because the cage was in a different position. Now I know she just freaked out. So, we can’t take “the princess” out of her normal habitat.
5. My 24 mile run is this weekend and then taper begins. Usually I dread the really long runs but now I’m looking forward to it after reading Cely’s inspiring first marathon recap. If you haven’t already read it and are looking for some inspiration, you should. I can honestly say that I’ve been worried about finishing Savannah in a time that I can be proud of and that recap put me in a whole new mindset.