Here’s some things on my mind. And I numbered them and junk.
1. At work a few months ago, we were asked to estimate our time off for the coming months. I didn’t plan on taking any time, so I estimated 2 days in case something came up – sickness, appointments, a mental health day, Twilight sequels being released. The important stuff.
Yes you do.
RPattz, you are ridiculous.
I didn’t need those days off but scheduled them anyway and told my project manager I was available to work. The only response I got was an approval of those days off, so I thought I was required to take them. All sorts of stuff goes into the budgeting of the contracts we work on, so it made sense to me that it was required. If we don’t take vacation, we charge to the project instead of our leave time, which can make the project go over budget. Got it. Monday, I took one of those days only to find out, it wasn’t required after all. Awesome. Don’t get me wrong, I love days off but I don’t like killing vacation time for no reason.
Ahhh. If I had only thought of that on Sunday I wouldn’t have been so bored on Monday.
2. I added a bunch of shows to my DVR on Monday. Not like there was anything else to do.
Vampire Diaries was kicked off my DVR last year but it has been reapproved by the TV committee that lives in my mind. Everything else is on a trial basis. They must prove they are worthy of the 112 TV shows I watch. I’m not even sure how it’s possible for one person to watch this much TV. Besides the shows I mentioned in this post, I thought of at least 3 others I forgot to add to that list.
Did anyone see The Office season premiere? I do miss Steve Carrell but it’s still really funny. I love James Spader. He needs to be banned from the catering cart till he’s hot again.
Also, I am flipping-out excited about this show:
I’ve seen so many trailers for it and I still have no idea what it’s about. But I want to watch it so.bad. It looks so weird. And I like weird.
3. There’s a month left in my marathon training which means I’ll probably start blowing off workouts any time now. Last night, I ignored what we were supposed to do for training and made up my own workout.
|.25 mile||Walking warm up|
|40 seconds (.10 mile)||6:40 pace (Sprint)|
|Repeat x 20|
Total: 2.25 miles running, 2.75 miles walking
4. I watched Glee while doing sprints. It made me realize how much I hate that show. I know I’m the only one on the planet that hates it, but the songs and the characters grate on my last nerve. I thought a bunch of them were graduating and not coming back this season? Why are they still on the show? Where’s the kid with the wheelchair? Why does Rachel look like she’s in life-threatening pain when she sings?
5. We are getting a cool front this weekend. THIS is what I wait for all year. Perfect Florida weather with low humidity. I can’t wait for my 67 degree long run on Saturday with no Camelbak. Yay!