It’s Mother’s Day and I want to say Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there, especially to my friends that are parents and the best Mom I know. Mine.
In celebration of Mother’s day, here is a list of the top ten things I learned from my Mom:
1. The phrase, “if it’s free, it’s for me.” She said this to me growing up all the time and now I love free stuff. This may have happened without her clever rhyme, but I can never be sure.
2. If you think someone is choking on something, but they are coughing, that means they are still breathing and therefore not choking.
3. Expired antibiotics work just as well as unexpired antibiotics.
4. Bananas are the best cure for diarrhea.
5. It’s ok not to over-protect your children, because they can make their own decisions, learn from them, and still turn out to be good people.
6. My mom is never wrong, and I’m not saying this to suck up. I have literally never known her to be wrong. Sure that can be annoying, but it comes in handy whenever I need advice.
7. Your mother will pick up your terrible habits on purpose and annoy you with them – so mind your manners.
8. The best “Mom date” includes some Lazy Boys, a couple of adult beverages, and anything starring Jim Carrey.
9. Howling at the moon once a month is good for you.
10. I am lucky to have the best Mama Bird anyone could ask for.
I hope you’re having a fabulous Mama Bird’s Day on the opposite coast as me, Mom. I’ll see you next week!