This is going to be a new weekly segment for me (I think). Mondays suck and I’m going to find the good in them some how. Every week. Dammit. So, here is my first post of Monday Mini Miracles.
1. I was in a good mood all day at work for no reason. This is a miracle because a) it’s Monday and b) I’m never in a good mood at work.
2. There were 2 large drool-worthy cakes in the kitchen today at work. One looked to be Oreo upon close inspection. I did not have any cake. Nor did I check the empty box afterwards for the “frosting circle” that people leave who don’t appreciate cake. Miracle.
3. I wanted to run all day today. Probably from all the Boston coverage. I haven’t wanted to run in well over a month. Miracle.
4. I ran. (6.1 miles, 59 minutes, 9:41 pace)
I went to Lake Underhill Park, my usual spot for night time running because it’s decently lit and populated. It’s nice to listen to music while I’m running instead of feeling like I’m going to get jacked.
The weather was way too humid for me (which makes it harder for me to breathe) so I’ll take that pace. Miracle.
Oh, I didn’t wear underwear either.
Yes, my shorts have built in underwear but I’ve never gone all “free bird” before.
Can’t say I loved it. I get really sweaty and I like that extra layer that really makes me feel like I’m carrying a load at the end of my run.
One more shot for the road.
5. Even though the scale was (way) up after a fun weekend of Peeps and beer, I didn’t care. I always care. Miracle.
6. I bought more stuff. Not so much a miracle as an “identified problem” but eh…it makes the list cuz I say it does.
I wanted a brown belt and I didn’t find one in the specific color I was looking for at the mall yesterday, so I found one online.
After the brown belt, this happened:
And this. It has sequins and I’m easily distracted by shiny things.
And this. It’s pink. I buy pink stuff. The end.
Thank you, Old Navy. I wasn’t sure what to do with my tax return.
So to make a long story short, nothing special happened but it was a good day. Now I’m off to take a shower. I hear Cougar Town is new tonight and I’m SO ready for it to be back!
What are your Monday Mini Miracles?