Workout: Ran 2.1 miles on the treadmill, walked .9 miles
That’s day three of waking up in the morning and working out. This waking up thing really sucks and I considered going back to bed. I didn’t want to feel like a loser so early in the morning (usually I reserve that for the afternoon), so I forced myself on the treadmill (in a completely platonic way).
I’d do more than 2 miles, but honestly, I don’t want to wake up earlier. It takes all I have to get up 30 minutes early right now.
Three days down, two to go.
Even though it’s only three days, I’m noticing a lot of changes:
- I have way more energy all day.
- I’m in a MUCH better mood.
- I’m eating a healthier breakfast than normal. Usually I’m not hungry right after a workout, so I’ve been drinking a protein shake every morning instead of eating a PB&J English muffin and cheesecake. (I wish I was kidding about the cheesecake.)
- I don’t eat as many sweets throughout the day.
You’d think with all these benefits, I’ll keep doing it. But I probably won’t. I’ll revert to bad habits, but for now I’m enjoying the benefits.
With all these GOOD things happening, it’s making me remember all the bad things I used to do. Or maybe I still do them. But unless you stalk me in person, you’ll never know.
So with that, I give you…my food confessions!
- When I was in middle school, my mom always had cream cheese frosting in the house. So, when she wasn’t looking, I would lick 2 huge spoonfuls like a lollipop. She would notice the frosting was missing. I would pretend I didn’t know what she was talking about. Eventually she noticed I never touched the chocolate frosting, so she got wise and only bought chocolate so I wouldn’t eat it all.
- I eat cheesecake backwards. Graham cracker crust? Umm…best part! My hubs hates this because by the time he gets to it, the crust is gone. That’s what he gets for eating cheesecake like a normal human. Sucker.
- Food that I need to stop eating to avoid eating every other sweet in the house? Graham crackers. In particular, Goldfish Grahams or graham crackers with cream cheese frosting on them. (I’m seeing a pattern here.)
- I just bought a box of graham crackers (that I didn’t even want) because they were shaped like bunnies. < —- 12 years old
- You know how they say if you have one indulgent meal that you should just get “back on the wagon” for the next meal? Well, I can’t do that. Once I’ve eaten crap for one meal, the rest of the day is shot and I will eat anything put in front of me. Well, not poo.
By the way, I completely blame my mom for my love of frosting. She told me that when I was a baby, I wouldn’t take a pacifier. So, she would put lemon frosting on it and I would suck on it for hours.
I’m pretty sure she doomed me from the start.
What’s YOUR food confession?