I have been in a major funk this weekend. Because I’m self-conscious of my face right now, I’ve been staying home. Staying home means no outside runs or trips to the gym or *cries* retail therapy.
I’ve been spending a lot of time sitting on my butt. Five movies over a 2-day period is an extra 10 hours of sitting on my butt added on to my normal butt-sitting time.
Tonight, my best friend is supposed to come over to hang out. For the first time in 28 years, her coming over didn’t sound like a good idea so I KNEW I needed to get out for a run to up my spirits.
I didn’t want to run. At all. So I forced myself out the door and decided I would do 4 to 8 miles depending on how I felt. I also decided that I wasn’t going to look at my Garmin and just run what felt good. Since I didn’t know how long I would be gone, I put my pepper spray in my sports bra and wore my Knuckle Lights as a bracelet in case I wasn’t back before sundown, and I was off.
After 2 miles, I stopped, turned back around, and walked home.
Here is what I learned from today’s run:
- If your stomach is feeling questionable during the day, chances of it feeling better during a run are minimal.
- I should have brought my cell phone to call the hubs to pick me up because it was too light outside to poop in a bush.
- The underwear I was wearing is cute, but not functional. It was riding the end of the “fault line” the whole time, if you know what I mean.
- Sweat burns when you just got a chemical peel.
- Running, even if it’s the four crappiest miles of your life, still makes you feel a little better after you’re done.
I hope I can get a long run in tomorrow because time is running out for training runs. My next half marathon is Sunday.
Oh, and in case your wondering, I didn’t poop in the bush.