Workout: 5.5 miles / 49 min
This was a great run even though it was a little shorter than I would have liked it to be. Average pace 8:58, um…yeah, I’ll take that! Now if I could only maintain that for another 8 miles I’ll be set.
|Apparently I’m not so good at negative splits.|
I’m not sure if any of you out there run at night, but let me tell you, Orlando is a magical wonderland of sights and sounds at night. With that in mind, I’d like to give you some highlights of my run tonight:
- # of honks/cat-calls from passing cars: 3
- # of helicopters with searchlights overhead: 1
- # of times I was in that searchlight: 1
- # of men standing in the median of a busy 4 lane road but not crossing even when there’s a clearance: 1
- # of men asking, “Can I run with you, baby?”: 1
- # of random men that start running next to me: 0 (This happens way more than you would ever believe.)
P.S. My husband is currently behind this door wrapping my gifts!