Hi there! I'm Paula and I live in Orlando. I like to run and watch too much TV. I'm a lover of cupcakes and hater of chia seeds, even though I've never tried them. I eat peanut butter out of the jar and think Aaron Paul is my boyfriend.
Tag Archives: House
This week has been busy and I have a busy weekend ahead of me but it should be fun. This is what has been going on in the meantime.
1. With all the Breaking Bad watching recently, the DVR has been neglected. We have 7 weeks of House and Once Upon a Time episodes just sitting there. So, we’re taking it one at a time and finally finished House last night. I gotta say, I’m kinda disappointed with the final episode. Not because of how it ended but because 45 minutes of the show was just a dumb reason to bring back all the characters from previous seasons. I don’t want to see Amber anymore. I didn’t like her to begin with. And while I liked Cameron, there was no Cameron/Chase interaction which sucked. And it was super obvious that Cuddy wasn’t in that group. So, meh to the final episode. But it’s definitely a show that remained consistently good all 8 seasons. Plus, the show has my Australian back-up husband (in case the others don’t work out).
Hello Jesse Spencer. Seriously. Look at those teeth. That is the first thing I look for in a man.
2. Breaking Bad season 5 starts July 15.
3. I’m going out of town this weekend, so hubs is setting up the slingbox for me. For those of you not addicted to TV, a slingbox allows you to watch shows off your DVR anywhere from any computer or mobile device. So just because I’m going out of town doesn’t mean I need to leave my sweet security blanket behind.
4. I’m doing awesome with my eating and work out plan this week. Like, awesome enough that I think THIS is the time that it will stick. Not only that but I’ve had 2 diet cokes so far, which is down to one every other day or so. It figures that this is a holiday weekend and I’ll be out of town (i.e. out of my eating comfort zone). That means, if you see me tweet or Facebook about cupcakes or cookies or fried things or buffets, it is your duty to tweet/Facebook me back damage control.
5. I’m switching projects at work. I don’t love the idea (because I really liked the project I was on) but the contract extension hasn’t been signed with the client yet so it was either that or potentially no job at all. This new project isn’t a short term thing either. So I’m happy they like me enough to place me somewhere else and I’m worried whether I’ll like it or not because I have been on my share of crappy projects.
Alright, that’s all I have for today. Hope you all have a safe holiday weekend. Now, I need to finish packing and probably take a shower since hubs just told me I smell.
Firstly (is firstly a word?), thank you all for your comments yesterday. I definitely have no intent of changing my content but rather was curious how you felt about bloggers that change their content according to what readers want. Personally, I think the blog is no longer “them” once that happens. The motivation changes and the blogger isn’t as real.
That’s not to say I wouldn’t totally change this into a wrestling blog if offered enough money, but I had just thought it was an interesting discussion topic.
I’ll have to say, I loved Melissa’s reason for why she started blogging and I loved that Alyssa had a different opinion than everyone else. Plus, I love both of their blogs so you should go check them out.
As you may know, random is what I do best. So, here are a few things on my mind today:
1. I went to my martial arts fitness class last night. Usually if I go to class tired, it takes about 5 or 10 minutes of class and I’m instantly pepped up. That was NOT the case last night. I was so tired through the whole thing but I think it at least worked out the soreness in my hammies from Sunday.
2. I’m thinking of trying out New Balance sneakers. Does anyone else wear them and like them? I love my Mizunos but I’m cheap and the ones I wear are $130. They already have over 300 running miles on them (and that doesn’t count all the walking miles) and I can tell the cushioning is starting to go because my left knee was hurting around mile 11 of the half marathon on Sunday.
I like these, but wish they had a more fun color:
3. I love Snyder’s Honey Wheat Twists. Eat these. It’s a party for your mouth and all your teeth are invited.
4. Why does my bunny hump and lick Dr. Seuss’ Grinch every morning? She’s fixed…and she’s a GIRL.
Not very ladylike, Bunnypants.
5. Thirteen was back on House this week. I’m more excited about this than I should be because Olivia Wilde is one of my girl-crushes. She left the show for a year, I’m assuming to film Tron Legacy, get divorced, and generally be better looking than everyone on the planet.
Nice to have her back. Hopefully she can kick Amber Tamblyn’s lame-o character to the curb.
6. I didn’t take a shower this morning. I pulled back the shower curtain and lazy overcame me. I apologize in advance to those around me and particularly my husband who thinks I need one of those every day.
What’s the random thing on your mind today?