You can thank me for this one later. Actually, don’t thank me for it. Thank this girl because that’s where the recipe came from. She also has pictures that look delicious instead of like the little turds you’re about to see.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup almond butter (I used the roasted smooth version from Whole Foods.)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Whenever I see 1/2 tsp of salt in a recipe, I omit it, but I just learned recently that a little salt actually brings out the natural sweetness of foods. Who knew? Probably everyone but me. Just don’t skip that.
1. Mix all the ingredients except the chips.
2. Fold in the chips. (Before you do, it’s best to sample them to make sure their safe. Never can be too sure.)
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Spoon about 1 tbsp of batter for each cookie.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes and then let cool.
I used a heaping tablespoon to make the cookies, but they turned out a little bigger than I wanted, so next time I’ll use a not so heaping tablespoon.
The batter made 13 cookies.
This is about the easiest recipe ever. I had serious doubts these would even taste like cookies since they’re flour-less, but they are crazy soft and delicious. These are especially good if you’re looking for a lower carb/no added sugar option when you want to eat healthy but need something sweet so bad you’d punch a baby for it.