Hi there! I'm Paula and I live in Orlando. I like to run and watch too much TV. I'm a lover of cupcakes and hater of chia seeds, even though I've never tried them. I eat peanut butter out of the jar and think Aaron Paul is my boyfriend.
Tag Archives: By the numbers
1. In what might qualify as the greatest thing to happen this year (or ever really), the Veronica Mars movie is a GO!
It took fans exactly one day to raise over 2 million dollars on Kickstarter to get the project going. (<— you can be a backer through that link and get really cool rewards.) It’s been years, but now I can officially forgive Michelle for getting me insane addicted to a show that was cancelled after the season three cliffhanger. Of course, you know Michelle and I made a pledge. In other news, there is still no cure for cancer.
2. If you use Google Reader to read blogs, you probably already know that it will be gone after July 1st.
Check out Katy’s post on why she thinks Feedly is a better alternative. I was going to switch to Bloglovin until I saw her post. I imported all my blogs from GReader into Feedly last night and tried to organize them into folders a little better. I found Feedly to be SUPER buggy and frustrating. I’m going to try it out for a month and see if it gets better before I call Katy batshit crazy.
3. I signed up for Color Me Rad awhile ago and forgot to mention it.
The race is on April 13 in Orlando and – wait for it – hubs is doing it with me! I have no idea how I got him to say yes to this one, but it will be the second race we’ve ever done together. The first one being Warrior Dash over two years ago. The next one being probably never.
4. I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy a Fitbit.
What’s this “wakes you in the morning” business?
I want something that tracks my steps and I keep hearing amazing things about the Fitbit all around. I’m almost positive that the novelty of this will wear off after I have it for 2 months, just like my BodyBugg, but what can I say? I’m a glutton for punishment. Also, if your wondering why I haven’t updated you on my goal recently, it’s because I’ve gotten exactly nowhere with it. It’s taken me exactly 2 1/2 months to make zero headway. So, that’s part of the reason I want a Fitbit. I’m also getting some metabolic testing done on Sunday that I’ll share with you next week. I’m sure the results of that test will be, “stop eating dumbass.”
5. Our little jail bird wants you to know she’s pathetic and says hi.
I’m going to give her a coffee cup tonight so she can rake it along her cage.
1. Good news for those of you who hate my American Horror Story recaps – there’s only one left! Bad news for those of you who like them – I may not do them next season.
I didn’t love season two as much as season one. I mean, I still liked it, but it wasn’t as good and therefore not as fun to recap. I’ll still watch next season but I just think the premiere will have to blow me away to keep my interest in recapping them. I did read Sarah Paulson (Lana) will be back for season three, so that’s a little nugget of awesome for next year.
Orlando Xtreme is a trail run, so I’m going to use it as a training run since I can’t get my ass out the door to run long by myself lately. Then I’ll see if I can PR at Gasparilla. But of course, even mentioning a PR means I won’t. So expect a highly cynical race recap.
Not only that, but Michelle and I are starting to fill up our race schedule for the fall already. Check out her post for the ones that are on our list if you’re interested in stalking us.
3. In anticipation of my sort-of return to artificial sweetener next month, I bought this stuff.
Sierra has been raving about liquid Stevia so I thought I would give it a try once my artificial sweetener boycott is over. It was expensive, so I hope it’s tolerable. I can’t say Stevia is my favorite but I know it’s the better-for-you of the sweeteners out there.
4. I’ve been doing short runs in my new Mizuno Wave Creation 14’s.
Seriously. She sniffed my shoes for about five seconds and then got up on her box and faced away from me. Not cool.
So far, I don’t see any difference between the 14’s and the 11’s, and that’s a good thing. Although, now that I’m back in them, I can tell my foot hits the ground differently than it does in my Brooks Ghost 5′s. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not so I’ll probably stick to my Brooks for my upcoming races just in case.
5. Has anyone seen The Following?
Every time I mention this show to anyone, no one knows what I’m talking about. I haven’t been watching anything new this season because I already watch enough as it is, but I kinda love Kevin Bacon so I had to give it try. I also just love bacon. Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the series premiere. There were some twists I didn’t see coming so I’m going to keep with this one and see where it goes.
6. I’ve also been watching a ton of movies. No drinking = movie watching in these parts. I’ve seen Skyfall (I liked Casino Royale better), Looper (decent but not as great as everyone says), The Possession (terrible), Mama (good), and The Watch.
I guess no one liked The Watch? That’s what I keep hearing anyway. I liked it way more than I thought I would even though I think Ben Stiller is barely watchable these days. Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill definitely made up for him.
7. That’s all I got. So please enjoy this picture of Pants looking super annoyed.
Ahh, surly just like her mama.
1. I’d love to tell you that I rang in the New Year with a sweat-tastic workout, but I didn’t. I sat on the couch all day and watched Twilight Zone episodes on SyFy. When I say all day, I mean from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed.
It was kinda awesome, plus I didn’t really have the energy to do much else.
2. I’m so glad the holidays are finally over. It is exhausting being so joyful all the time. I’m ready to go back to being miserable. You know, gotta switch it up a bit. Plus, I’m ready to start eating food when I’m hungry again and not just because it happens to be in front of me.
3. I registered for this race.
The race is Sunday and I’ll be running it with Brad. If you’ve been reading for awhile, he’s the one I ran the miserable Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll with. We’re basically pace twins (our half marathon PRs are the same down to the second), so unless one of us starts dying out there, we’ll run the whole thing together.
Since I have a race this weekend, I skipped my long run this week. Not that I wouldn’t have skipped it anyway. I don’t have much motivation to run lately. So obviously signing up for more races makes sense.
4. Got my bangs cut again.
That picture was straight out of the salon. My hair looks nothing like that when I style it. Usually I tell stylists not to style (or dry) my hair because I’m not going to live up to their styling the next day anyway, but my new girl styles my hair first and then cuts it dry. Weird order to things but it totally works.
5. I started watching Season 1 of Louie.
Does anyone else watch this? It’s a show based on the fictitious life of Louis C.K. with interludes of his stand-up comedy. Kinda like Seinfeld, but not. I thought it was a comedy and I guess it kinda is, but it goes from being horrifically depressing and sobering one minute to hilarious the next. It’s like an emotional roller coaster to watch. I’m liking it so far. Louis C.K. is ridiculously funny.
6. I bought a pair of Pro Compression socks. (That’s my Twilight Zone-a-thon in the background.)
They were 40% off, so I thought I’d check them out. I bought the largest size and I’m not even sure they fit. The top band part is kinda uncomfortably tight and they give my knees muffin top. Knuffin top? I like my Zensah calf sleeves better but they look a little nerdy so I was looking for something new.
7. I finished Beautiful Creatures.
I liked it better than I thought I would after most of you said you didn’t care for it. I didn’t think it was ZOMGamazing like The Maze Runner series, Hunger Games, or Unwind but it was good and kept my interest. It ends with a cliffhanger and there are three others in the series already out there. I figure I’ll get to them once I read some others on my list first.
8. Speaking of other books on my list, I’m almost done with The Surgeon.
This is the first book in the Rizzoli and Isles series. I saw an episode of the TV show and thought it was pretty good, so Michelle suggested I read it.
I find it weird to read about how unattractive Rizzoli is and picture Angie Harmon. I guess her personality fits the character but her looks definitely do not. Overall, the book is really good but it’s not typically the kind I like to read. It’s like an episode of CSI, which is fine if you like crime dramas, but it’s not really my thing. If it’s your thing, I would definitely recommend it.
Ok, that’s the end of my blabbing for today. It’s time to get back to work after two 4-day weekends in a row. I’m gonna get back to that misery thing now.