Hi there! I'm Paula and I live in Orlando. I like to run and watch too much TV. I'm a lover of cupcakes and hater of chia seeds, even though I've never tried them. I eat peanut butter out of the jar and think Aaron Paul is my boyfriend.
Category Archives: Things That Make You Go Hmm
This week has been extremely busy. Lots of working. And then lots of working when I get home from work. Then there’s the squeezing in time for workouts and after that there’s not room for much else. I had a few awesome runs this week and I’m hoping that’s good karma for my long run this Saturday. But I’ll talk about that later. First, we need to talk about this stuff.
I can’t even come up with a more unlikely couple in my head, that’s how much this threw me. And they met because they collaborated on a song for her upcoming record. Now, I can’t stop combining Nickelback and Avril Lavigne songs in my head to see what I come up with.
2. I subscribe to Goop (Gwyneth Paltrow’s blog) because I love her posts about movie premieres and traveling abroad. Recently, I found out she sells various clothing items on the site including the limited edition “Goop tee.” It’s only sold in one size (small!) and for a bargain price, so I thought you guys might want in on it.
I hope that t-shirt is made out of rare baby seals for $90.00.
3. I was shopping in the accessory section on the Forever 21 Web site when I noticed this.
Another good deal right there. $2.80 plus shipping and handling and maybe you’ll get your Sour Patch Kids craving satisfied in 7-9 business days.
4. I follow Alec Baldwin on Twitter. While I was in Texas, he tweeted a bunch of question marks and within 7 minutes, his tweet had THIRTY NINE re-tweets.
Who re-tweets that stuff? Why doesn’t anyone re-tweet all my question marks? I just checked today and that tweet is up to 87 re-tweets, which tells us that there are 87 confirmed idiots on Twitter.
5. Did you know Megan Mullally is married to Nick Offerman from Parks and Recreation? I didn’t. But you know how I found out? Michelle emailed me this:
I’m thinking of replicating that with the hubs.
Normally, I would link to past Things That Make You Go Hmm posts but I’m too lazy today. If you need more of this ridiculousness, click the category on the right-hand side bar of the blog and enjoy.
And lastly, thanks to my friend Sara, I now have 35 (more) reasons to love Aaron Paul.
I’m just a little offended they stopped at 35.
Last thing I’ll say about all this blog business and I’ll get back to my regular posts.
- For those of you who asked where to find the email subscription button, it’s in the right-hand column of the blog. Type in your email address in the subscription field and press Subscribe. Viola!
- For WordPress subscribers, click Read Blogs < Blogs I Follow and then add http://www.eatwatchrun.com in the enter URL field and click Follow. That should work. (Or you could use Google Reader like the rest of us.)
- I’m still working on the look of the blog, so if you see changes here and there, that is just my indecisive womanly nature at work.
Oh, and self-hosting a blog is a bitch. And I didn’t even have to deal with most of the issues because of this girl and that guy. I don’t consider myself an idiot with computers by any means, but I do now. I’m still trying to understand what the heck is going on around here. Ok, now on to other things.
1. I follow Kristen Bell on Twitter. Let’s just get that little tidbit out of the way. Well, she tweeted this video. (< —- Watch it. So funny.) And when I saw the tweet, I responded to her.
About a week later, I got the best Twitter spam ever.
Have I ever?!
There’s something I love about that spam going to me and Kristen Bell. I feel like we’re closer buds now.
2. I wrote a post titled Whiskey-A-No-No a few weeks ago.
Then I noticed it shows up in Google Reader like this.
Thank you Google Reader, for making me look like a complete tool.
3. I was shopping at Best Buy the other day when I spotted this.
Limited edition Twilight hair styling tools so you can look just like Bella and Edward. Remember, ordinary styling tools may not make you look like them. Also what may not make you look like them: your face.
4. The other day, I saw this in the grass while walking into work. Well, I saw two of them.
I’m going to venture to say that’s the laziest spider ever. I’m not sure that I even knew insects could be lazy (ok, arachnids). But obviously, he couldn’t be bothered with climbing anywhere or say, spinning a web and hoisting himself to a safer location. Not that I blame him. I’m pretty sure if I were a spider I’d probably do the same thing. But honestly, he’s got to know that’s a bad idea.
5. I was on the treadmill watching Vampire Diaries last week when I noticed something that seems to happen a lot on the show.
Does anyone else pull their friends to their chest and hug them when their sad? Because Elena and Caroline hug like this a LOT. I’ve had the same best friend for 30 years and I still haven’t gotten a hug like that. Am I not worthy of chest hugs? Have I been doing it wrong all this time? These are things I need to know.
Alright, I’m off to finish some work. Then I might do some hugging research.
1. I was thinking about how happy I am that I had my running gait analyzed the other day. And then I realized it took me over 10 pairs of bad shoes, 15+ years of running, 2 marathons, and 10 half marathons to do it. WTF?
2. More than a few of you thought that picture of the legs on the treadmill in my last post were my legs. This concerns me a little. I think you all know that I would never wear white and orange running shoes.
3. Nicole Ritchie just figured out the secret of how to shape-shift into a 40-year old Goldie Hawn look-a-like.
5. I ordered a Skinny Peppermint Mocha Latte at Starbucks the other day. Ok, Michelle ordered it for me because I don’t know how to order anything at Starbucks without sounding like an idiot. I did learn that a Frappuccino is frozen and a Latte is hot. So, I’m on the fast train to knowledge over here. Anyway, the girl at the counter asked me what my name was so she could write it on the cup.
6. When it gets cold in Florida, everyone gets crazy. At 60 degrees, people will start bundling up in ski coats like it’s sub-zero outside. At 50 degrees, everyone who complains that they hate the heat and it never gets cold enough will start complaining that it’s too cold and they can’t wait for summer. Then, at 40 degrees, network TV will constantly remind you of the outside temperature as if it’s a breaking news story.
Hey everyone, it’s 39! Watch out!
That’s not even freezing, Florida. Unless it’s actually snowing or there’s a polar bear tsunami coming through, I don’t need to know about it. Does that happen anywhere else? I feel like people in Florida are super-finicky and bitch about the weather all the time. I prefer to keep my bitchiness to April through December.
1. Kirk Cameron’s birthday picture.
Ok, I know this picture is a few weeks old, but bagel Friday at my work is more exciting. At least his friends sprung for the foot longs, but I really think Mike Seaver deserves more. Like a Chick-Fil-A platter.
2. My fish hated the new, large, awesome aquarium I bought for him. He basically freaked out all the time and stopped eating. I gave him two weeks to get used to it. And really, how long is a fish’s memory anyway? He couldn’t possibly remember his old, small, crappy bowl. So, I returned the aquarium (the filter didn’t work well anyway) and put him back in his NYC apartment of a fish bowl. Now he’s eating and being his usual lazy non-swimming self. See if I try to make a fish happy again.
3. I went out Friday night to celebrate my best friend’s birthday. I ordered a beer and a bottle of water and got an actual glass bottle of water.
Who orders this stuff? I felt like I was destroying the Earth even accepting it. But then I quickly forgot that the bottle wasn’t plastic, drank every drop, and then threw the bottle at a baby seal.
4. This dress on Rosanna Arquette. (When did she start looking like that?)
Thanks to Carol for sending this one. Does she know my personal style or what? I’m thinking Christmas party.
5. I had a new garbage disposal installed on Friday. The guy installing it asked me what I thought about the economy and then preceded to tell me how much he hates Obama and how he thinks we need to “go back to the Constitution.” He made sure I understood that “back to the Constitution” meant when women and non-business owners couldn’t vote. WTF plumber?
1. I was on the blog’s Facebook page today and noticed something new.
Seventeen people are talking about this. What does that mean? Are 84 people not talking about this? And if so, why not? Why aren’t you all talking about this?!
2. My friend, Tiffany, has told me to call her for days now. I finally called her tonight and she didn’t answer the phone.
Now that I see that picture, I think she’s kinda hot. I probably would have green lit the album too.
4. Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love’s daughter, Francis Bean, is 19 years old and just bought a 1.8 million dollar home in LA. She’s hot too.
Is everyone hot? How is she 19 already?
5. There’s a new 10-calorie Dr. Pepper out there that’s only for men. (Thanks to Matt for pointing that out on the FB page.) WTF? I’ve been drinking them all week.
6. Leonardo DiCaprio and Blake Lively broke up after 5 months of dating. Doesn’t he normally date girls for 5 years and then dump them?