By the Numbers

I had a bit of a hectic weekend and I have a hectic (but fun) week coming up (more on that later) so this will be short and sporadic.

1. Another reason I love Best Damn Race: free cute and sweaty race photos.

123760-010-032h

I wasn’t able to score an ultra cheap registration by being one of the first 30 or so people to register, because apparently everyone has faster fingers than I do, but I did still score free pictures for signing up early. I wasn’t feeling great during the race, so I didn’t look like a floating fairy princess per the usual, but it’s still a pretty cool perk.

2.  Best Damn Race and the Celebration halves are the only races where I’ve worn compression socks and I gotta say, my legs have felt amazing after both races.

123760-018-010h

I’m worried it’s a fluke. I usually wear compression socks after a race but never really noticed a difference in how my legs felt. During the race? Whole different story.

3. I’m all caught up on Justified. I love it so much. I love the casting of every character and I especially love the dialogue.

chicken

Ok, not kidding about the dialogue. Deputies need chicken too. There are few shows that keep getting better by the season and this is one of them.  (Also on that list: Supernatural seasons 1-5 ,Weeds, and House of Lies.)

4.  Hubs and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last weekend (and 12 years together, but who’s counting).

292463_3942450512663_1895670409_n

That was not last weekend (I picked it because I’m thinking of going back to that hair color). We got dressed up all pretty and went for an amazing dinner at Eddie V’s and I took zero pictures. Hubs even asked why I didn’t take pictures of the food as we were walking out. Well, I don’t know why. That’s why.

5.  FOUR DAYS.

1495338_10202014097246964_1790033300_o.jpg

6. The little princess requested some more blog time. She said her fans are demanding it.

I hope you all have a good week!

Comments

Ok, so 2 things:
    1. loving the new look of zee blog
    2. loving the race pics–Best Damn Race living up to its name!

2. Becky @ Jubar Sharing says

Fun, trendy simplistic look to your blog. Free race pictures are great, and you still look good! Pictures of buns are always appreciated! And, congrats on the 5 and 12 year milestones! :) I’ll have to do the same thing if/when. ;)
    Glad you are having fun…even if a little hectic!

HAVE SO MUCH FUN THIS WEEK!!

I really think wearing compression socks while racing/long runs helps my legs immensely. Of course, I have stupid varicose veins. I think for Marathon training we need to invest in the ones that you can put ice packs into after a run (110% Compression is the brand, I think).
    Michelle recently posted..What To Buy New ParentsMy Profile

4. Rebecca Jo says

Happy Anniversary!!!
    I never watched Veronica Mars – I need to see if its on Netflix.
    I hear so much about compression socks. I need to give them a try. Any thing that will help me? I’ll take it!

5. Kashi @ Cape Island Runners says

I only recently started reading your blog (and am enjoying it!) but was extra pleased to see the pic of your bun! I have one that looks just like her, but more brown and he’s a male. in his younger years he loved hopping up on stuff like boxes, but he is older (10.5 yrs) and blind now so he mostly enjoys napping and snacking these days :) Love bunnies!
    Kashi @ Cape Island Runners recently posted..What I Saw When I Ran WednesdaysMy Profile

6. Kathleen says

Thank you for introducing me to Veronica Mars. I’ve recently given in to your loud promotions and I’m almost through season 1. It’s gotten me through at least 100 miles thus far. My thighs thank you.