By the Numbers

1. There’s a dollar store near my mom’s house that she totally loves. She talked this dollar store up like crazy when she first moved out to CA and I would think, “It’s just a dollar store. Who cares?” Well, turns out it’s not. It’s the mecca of dollar stores. It’s huge and they sell just about everything. They have your typical dollar store items but they also have a full grocery section of fresh fruit and veggies, eggs, all sorts of frozen foods, etc. They even have hub’s favorite coconut water for a dollar, which I pay five dollars for at the grocery store here. (Bitter, party of one.) Anyway, I was at the check out when I realized there is nothing this store doesn’t sell.

Edited to add: No, I didn’t buy one and no, I’m not pregnant. I’m still doing my part to eradicate the beer epidemic of this country.

2. My mom also lives near an 85-year-old man. This is the inside of his car.

This is just the front. The back was packed with junk so high it was blocking the windows. There’s no room in the front seat, his glove box is overflowing and open, and he has to move stuff to shift the car into drive. I know this is weird, but after seeing his car,  I desperately wanted to see the inside of his house.

3. Hubs and I watched Now You See Me this week.

We both liked it. There were some cheesy scenes here and there, but overall it was entertaining.

I really like Jesse Eisenberg. He just seems so smart, but I have no basis for thinking that. Maybe I get that impression because of The Social Network? I don’t know. I do know that I spent the entire movie thinking that Isla Fisher was Amy Adams.

4. I am still super obsessed with my pedometer.

I bought a Bodybugg way back and it lost its novelty after about two months. Once I got an idea of what I burned during my usual activities, I didn’t care about it anymore. Well, I wear my pedometer all the time. I try to get in the recommended 10k steps per day (which is approximately 6 miles) and most days I do. Other days I get as close as I can. The national average is 5,500 steps/day. If I have a total rest day, I don’t even make it to that much. Sad. So if you’re looking for something to encourage you to be more active, I really recommend getting one. Mine was around $20 and totally worth it.

5. I haven’t worn a watch in 10 years but I found this cheap one and loved it. Now I’m a watch-wearer again.

I really wish I didn’t look up the link for that because now it’s on sale. *sniff*

6. Jon Hamm is still alive and well and eating adorable mini-donuts with his adorable hammy hands.

He’s got a bit of a skin condition that we’re keeping a watch on. He may need a trip to the vet, which will surely cost 4x as much as he did.

7. Pants is still adorable as well.

She was playing the other morning and decided she wanted to snuggle up to me and be petted instead. <3 Also, let it be known the bunny that growls when I give her food is terrified of that hamster.

Alright, that’s all I have for today. Have a good weekend everyone. :-)

Comments

1. Becky S. says

Good to hear about Now You See Me…I do want to see it. Hehe. And, yes they look a bit alike.

OMG..that is so dang cute your hamster eating a mini donut…*hurts it is so cute* Pants, you are still cute, too. And, I have to say it’s kind of cute that she’s afraid of the hamster. Yep. :)
    Becky S. recently posted..Dial $65K Promotion & Giveaway!My Profile

2. Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry says

Aw hammy hands.

That sounds like Dollarama, an amazing Canadian dollar store chain. It also sell pregnancy tests and I’m always like “WTF” when I see them, because something tells me they aren’t the most accurate…

And that man’s car! That would give me a panic attack! Can you imagine what his house looks like?! Ahhhh!
    Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Beer & LederhosenMy Profile

3. Bryan says

Hi! Stumbled on to your site while looking for half-marathon do’s and don’ts this morning. I’m running my first half-marathon in Atlanta on Thanksgiving. Say a little prayer for me as you pass the turkey leg that day.

Anyway, I came for the running tips, and stayed for the prose.

Looking forward to reading about your race experiences (about to read all about Warrior Dash right now!) and stuff. Take care!

Good luck with your race! You’ll earn extra turkey legs that day and that’s never a bad thing. Do it for the turkeys!

Dollar store groceries freak me out. And pregnancy tests. And condoms, for that matter. Coconut water, I can get on board with.

That car is terrifying. There’s probably a dead body somewhere in there.

I didn’t ever see the Social Network, but good to know Jesse Eisenburg sold himself as intelligent whilst playing Mark Zuckerburg because whenever I hear that guy speak IRL I think, Really?

I should buy that watch and then we can be matching for Paula-palooza!

Jon Hammmmmmm with the donut! <3 I knew Pants had some lovin' in her. She's just a big ol' softie.

5. Megan says

When I worked at Planned Parenthood I would often tell patients to go to the dollar store for their tests because the ones they sell for a dollar are literally identical to the ones we used to charge people $20 to take.

6. Amber K says

Isla Fischer and Amy Adams could not possibly look more alike. It always confuses the heck out of me! And I would kill for coconut water that is that cheap. Seriously, why does it have to cost so freaking much?

7. Verlin says

We have pregnancy tests at the Canadian dollar stores too. I’m tempted to buy a dozen and randomly test people – like my 70 year old Mom, my husband, that feminine looking guy at the gym. I’ll let you know how it goes.