Lately

Ok, so here’s what’s been going on lately.

1.  Nothing.

So lame. I know. I managed one fairly decent run in my new Brooks Glycerins last Thursday (so far, so good) but have been doing absolutely nothing since then. (More on that later.) I sit on the couch most days in a haze of lazy. Or I nap for long periods of time. I know there’s a point where you realize you’ve done jack shit for so long and you just need to get up and do something, but I have not reached that point. Probably because I haven’t run out of Netflix stuff to watch yet.

2. Speaking of Netflix, I don’t know what’s worse – staring at a wall for two hours or watching this movie.

Ok, it wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t good either. It was about as interesting as a movie called Jeff, Who Lives at Home could be. At the end, I had the same look on my face as Ed Helms in that poster.

3. I also watched The Lincoln Lawyer.

This is actually a great movie and Matthew McConaughey is really good. I’m not a big fan of courtroom whodunits along the John Grisham line, but this was worth watching.

4. I’ve been giving TV equal love and started watching Deadwood.

(source)

WHY did I wait so long to watch this? Hubs has owned all three seasons for years now and we are just watching now. It’s so, so good. We’re half way through season 2 and I’ve already learned so many new ways to insult people.

5. Speaking of Deadwood, go ahead and add Timothy Olyphant to “the list.”

6. In a few weeks, work is sending me away yet again. This time, I’m headed to Aberdeen, MD for two weeks. I hear Aberdeen has lots of fun things to do, like going through Taco Bell drive throughs and daydreaming you are any place other than Aberdeen. Luckily, Washington DC is only an hour train ride away so I’ll get to see my DC love again. It’s been too long!

7. And finally, some adorable for your weekend.

I’m gonna have to do something about those dirty feets. Also, her life is going to get a lot more annoying now that you can upload video to Instagram.

Comments

I tried to get hubs to watch that one and he shot me down. I gotta pick my battles. One Olyphant at a time.

Jeff Who Lives at Home was HORRIBLE. We turned it off about 3/4 of the way through even though technically we were pot-committed. I just couldn’t watch another minute. Boring boring boring.

Also loved Lincoln Lawyer. I’m still convinced his limo driver is Ja Rule. But apparently it isn’t. Holy doppelganger.
    Melissa recently posted..The Little Puppy ProdigyMy Profile

2. Connie says

I love how Kara is proud she has crabs! Own it, girl :)
    And Justified is the best show ever. You would love it, Paula!

3. Jen says

Omg LOVE deadwood and timmy o! I didnt know deadwood was only those seasons and when i finished the 3rd i was so pumped i quickly googles when the new season would start and honestly almost cried. What a long sentence lol. Anyways ive watched it a few times. Do you watch justified!? If not you must begin now. Mr olyphant has given me such a thing for him bein in law enforcement garb lol gah such a babe!

LOL to “Timmy O” – that shall be what I call him henceforth. I haven’t seen Justified yet, but it’s on my list!

4. Ali says

Dude I am loving the Netflix movie updates. You keep posting about movies I’ve got sitting in my queue and now I know not to make time for them! Jeff Who Lives at Home – I mean… I put it there thinking “maybe?” but now I know. Thank you!

Timothy Olyphant is not only on my list, he’s pretty close to the top. He’s why I actually liked Catch and Release. I feel like I shouldn’t like that movie, but he’s in it… and he’s sweet… and it’s a bit slow and tragically sad, but then there’s Timothy Olyphant and it’s alright again. So hot!
    Ali recently posted..It is done.My Profile

I thought the same thing! Jason Segal, Ed Helms, can’t be that bad. But, I was wrong.

I totally forgot about Catch and Release! I love him in Go. I gots me a thing for spiky haired drug dealers, I suppose. And then when he was in A Perfect Getaway with my other lover, Milla Jovovich – I about died from hotness overload.

• Ali says

zomg I forgot he was in Go! I love him in that movie!

I haven’t seen A Perfect Getaway…. but I will be seeing it soon! I love Milla. Have you ever heard her album The Divine Comedy? Sweet, folksy, but fun if you’re in the mood for that kinda vibe.

5. Bowrag says

Im an Amazon prime user. But yes, I feel your pain right now. I decided to take 4 weeks off this summer to hang with my girls. Problem is the girls are going to a “speed camp” each morning from 8-10 at the high school. It wears them out. 1 hour of sprints, dragging sleds, running in sand… then hour of weights in the weight room. All they want to do from 10:30 – 2 is lay around and eat pasta. So.. Im watching a lot of tv right now.
    Bowrag recently posted..Aaron Hernandez Arrested?My Profile

6. Jenn says

Aberdeen, MD does kind of suck. However, a few good places to go in the area include, Brooms Bloom (ice cream straight from the farm), The Laurapin Grill in Havre de Grace (local resteraunt that makes its food all from local farms), Wegmans (the most amazing grocery store ever, trust me) and well that is about it. Baltimore is only a 40 min drive away. You could catch and O’s game, and if you are looking for a nice route to run the harbor is a great route, completely around its about 4 miles one way. Or, if you are looking for a challenging run in the Aberdeen area, Ma & Pa trail. Gravely with lots of hills, but nice scenery. Email me if you want to know more of the ‘hot spots’. Also, if you are looking for hotels, I don’t recommend staying in Aberdeen unless its the Hilton Garden Inn, otherwise stay in Abingdon (still only a 10 minute drive to Aberdeen), Aberdeen hotels aren’t in the best areas. If you need more tips from a local, feel free to email.

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve heard many wonderful tall tales of Wegmans. I will definitely be checking that out! Unfortunately, since this is for work, I don’t have a choice of where to stay. We have to be right near post at a place that accepts the govt rate, so Aberdeen it is. I hear there is some huge little league deal in town while I’m there, so most of the hotels are sold out. That should be fun at night when I want to sleep. :-)