By the Numbers

1. In what might qualify as the greatest thing to happen this year (or ever really), the Veronica Mars movie is a GO!

It took fans exactly one day to raise over 2 million dollars on Kickstarter to get the project going. (<— you can be a backer through that link and get really cool rewards.)  It’s been years, but now I can officially forgive Michelle for getting me insane addicted to a show that was cancelled after the season three cliffhanger. Of course, you know Michelle and I made a pledge. In other news, there is still no cure for cancer.

2. If you use Google Reader to read blogs, you probably already know that it will be gone after July 1st.

Check out Katy’s post on why she thinks Feedly is a better alternative. I was going to switch to Bloglovin until I saw her post. I imported all my blogs from GReader into Feedly last night and tried to organize them into folders a little better. I found Feedly to be SUPER buggy and frustrating. I’m going to try it out for a month and see if it gets better before I call Katy batshit crazy. :-)

3. I signed up for Color Me Rad awhile ago and forgot to mention it.

Color-Me-Rad

The race is on April 13 in Orlando and – wait for it – hubs is doing it with me! I have no idea how I got him to say yes to this one, but it will be the second race we’ve ever done together. The first one being Warrior Dash over two years ago. The next one being probably never.

4.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy a Fitbit.

What’s this “wakes you in the morning” business?

I want something that tracks my steps and I keep hearing amazing things about the Fitbit all around. I’m almost positive that the novelty of this will wear off after I have it for 2 months, just like my BodyBugg, but what can I say? I’m a glutton for punishment. Also, if your wondering why I haven’t updated you on my goal recently, it’s because I’ve gotten exactly nowhere with it. It’s taken me exactly 2 1/2 months to make zero headway. So, that’s part of the reason I want a Fitbit. I’m also getting some metabolic testing done on Sunday that I’ll share with you next week. I’m sure the results of that test will be, “stop eating dumbass.”

5.  Our little jail bird wants you to know she’s pathetic and says hi.

I’m going to give her a coffee cup tonight so she can rake it along her cage.

Comments

So I also made a Veronica Mars donation. How could I not! Logan! Wallace! All my favorites. Sigh.

Also, I have a fit bit and don’t really think they’re worth the money? I know people like them so this may mean nothing to you but I found it to just be a glorified pedometer. Also not that accurate? It frequently records steps when I’m sitting on the bus/train/ in a car. I never tried the sleep thing though so maybe it’s worth it for that?

I love that you made a donation! Did you see the adorable video they made for it too? *sigh* I’m gonna have to keep rewatching that thing until the movie comes out.

Good to know about the Fitbit. You’re the first person I’ve heard that doesn’t think it’s made out of pure gold. I’m not loving the inaccurate thing…

• Michelle says

Yes! It’s so odd to me that Dick Caseblanacs is hot now. What is that?!! But the video is adorable and it made me want to re-watch all the seasons! Except the last episode of 3. That broke my heart!

I think Feedly was acting crazy last night because of the G-Reader announcement. I’m trying it again today and it’s not going bananas on me. There are a lot of things about it that I like – although there are also a lot of features that I’m still confused on. Lol.
    Michelle recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

Yes, I was also confused! But that’s not hard to do. I’ll probably need you to explain things to me. Hee.

You could just start wearing that Body Bug thing again. I mean, I guess I don’t get the Fit Bit. What does it do for you that a pedometer does not? I don’t think there’s anything that can truly accurately tell you how many calories you’re burning, you know? I mean, I’m sitting here jiggling my leg right now, but I’m not walking so does it know that I’m burning calories? And HOW does it know? And what about spinning? Or jumping rope? How does it KNOW???? /rambling
    Melissa recently posted..Wednesday ThingsMy Profile

The BodyBug goes around your bicep which is the only thing I don’t like. I look like a tool in tank tops at the mall, ya know? But I could just buy a regular pedometer. That’s mostly what I’m interested in – the amount of steps I take each day.

4. IDK My BFF Jes says

#2 – I’m glad you mentioned this. When I got the pop up yesterday I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. take it back old school and bookmark everyone on my computer? I literally do not have time to do that, then click through them all to read.

Share an update after your month with Feedly!

Also – I ended up really enjoying the book Beautiful Creatures. The movie? WTF happened there? Did they even read the book?
    IDK My BFF Jes recently posted..Pole Refresher.1My Profile

I liked the Beautiful Creatures book too so I was scared to see the movie. From what you’re saying, sounds like I had good reason.

5. Meghan says

Eh, I’ll be the voice of positivity, I really like my Fitbit. I’ve found mine to be pretty flawless recording my steps, etc. Oh, and the “waking you up” thing is because it has a vibrating alarm. It’s actually quite cool; I have to be up before my husband so it’s nice to have an alarm that only wakes me up.

I wake up before my husband too, so that is nice. Usually he just goes right back to sleep when my alarm wakes him up. Though, I try to turn it off fast!

6. Sarah S @RunningOnWords says

I am so stoked about the VM movie. I even posted it to Facebook in hopes my friends would also donate. I still get mad at One Tree Hill for getting picked up over Veronica Mars. And I also jumped on the Feedly bandwagon yesterday. Bloglovin irks me for some reason I can’t put my finger on.
    Sarah S @RunningOnWords recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday 2.10My Profile

I know! I don’t know how it was possible for One Tree Hill to last, like, 10 seasons. Still does not make sense.

7. Jenny @ The Little JBird says

Thanks for the suggestions about Google Reader alternatives. I should make the switch now so I’m not scrambling later.
    <3 Pants. :)
    I was looking at bunnies recently. There are so many on Petfinder. I want to adopt them all. I wonder how a bunny would get along with the cats? Hee!

8. amanda says

I have been using Feedly on my iPhone for the last six months and I love it. Give it a chance:-) I am sure it was acting cray-cray due to the fact that everyone is bombarding the server. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out shortly.
    Excited to hear about your color run….I am thinking of trying one this summer.
    amanda recently posted..Buh-Bye Winter, Hello Half MarathonMy Profile

I heard the app is awesome. I’m gonna download today!
      I heard the color runs are super fun by someone who’s not that into running, so that’s good enough for me. Or should be good enough for hubs I should say. :-)

9. Ali says

I like all the things on this post! Especially the Veronica Mars movie!!! And I’m going to side with the voices of positivity on the fitbit…I totally love mine! I got it just before Christmas and have been wearing it every single day and am actually super sad the few times I’ve forgotten to put it on! I love seeing how much I am sleeping and I SUPER love the vibrating alarm because it helps me get up out of bed when I combine it with my regular alarm. I’m all like “ahh why are things buzzing all around me?!” and then I get out of bed to figure out what’s going on. So that’s my opinion :)
    Ali recently posted..What is a Week-End? {Curried Plum and Green Bean Stir Fry}My Profile

I heard the Fitbit alarm slowly wakes you up instead of the rude awakening that alarm clocks do. I was kinda interested in that. But then again, I might think I’m just getting a massage and go right back to sleep. :-)

10. Kelly says

First of all, I made a donation as SOON as I found out about it! SUPER excited about VM!!

Second, I had the original Fitbit and thought it was okay. I lost it somewhere and ended up buying the Fitbit Zip instead (http://www.fitbit.com/zip) It’s the cheaper cousin (take that as you will..) but I like it. It does what I need it to do, which is track my steps. I barely used the sleeping feature on the original Fitbit because I couldn’t sleep with something on my wrist.

If you’re looking for something even cheaper (and it does the same thing as the Zip), look at the Omron HJ-112 Pocket Pedometer. I had one for YEARS and I loved it! If something happens to my Zip that’s probably what I’ll go back to. And Amazon has them on the cheaper side, so yay.

Sorry about writing a book :)
    Kelly recently posted..Surviving (Weigh In)My Profile

I hate change too, unless it’s my hair. I poke around in Feedly for about 5 minutes a day to get used to it. It’s a process. :-)

11. Jan @ Sprouts n Squats says

I really want to do a colour run. They held one here in Melbourne, Australia for the first time last year but it sold out really quickly.

I’ve also considered getting a fitbit it is such a cool concept. I don’t know if it would either get too novelty for me or too obsessive with all the tracking that it does but still intrigued to try it too anyway.
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Friday Favourites #2My Profile

12. Marianne says

I have a Fitbit and wear it every day! Getting 10,000 steps a day is harder than I thought. Especially when I sit on my arse all day at work. I find it motivates me to move more! I don’t wear it to monitor my sleep because I don’t find it to be accurate. If you move even the tiniest bit, it’s recored as awake. It apparently vibrates gently to wake you up. I’m a deep sleeper so I haven’t been trusting enough to test that out.