1. Good news for those of you who hate my American Horror Story recaps – there’s only one left! Bad news for those of you who like them – I may not do them next season.
I didn’t love season two as much as season one. I mean, I still liked it, but it wasn’t as good and therefore not as fun to recap. I’ll still watch next season but I just think the premiere will have to blow me away to keep my interest in recapping them. I did read Sarah Paulson (Lana) will be back for season three, so that’s a little nugget of awesome for next year.
Orlando Xtreme is a trail run, so I’m going to use it as a training run since I can’t get my ass out the door to run long by myself lately. Then I’ll see if I can PR at Gasparilla. But of course, even mentioning a PR means I won’t. So expect a highly cynical race recap.
Not only that, but Michelle and I are starting to fill up our race schedule for the fall already. Check out her post for the ones that are on our list if you’re interested in stalking us.
3. In anticipation of my sort-of return to artificial sweetener next month, I bought this stuff.
Sierra has been raving about liquid Stevia so I thought I would give it a try once my artificial sweetener boycott is over. It was expensive, so I hope it’s tolerable. I can’t say Stevia is my favorite but I know it’s the better-for-you of the sweeteners out there.
4. I’ve been doing short runs in my new Mizuno Wave Creation 14’s.
Seriously. She sniffed my shoes for about five seconds and then got up on her box and faced away from me. Not cool.
So far, I don’t see any difference between the 14’s and the 11’s, and that’s a good thing. Although, now that I’m back in them, I can tell my foot hits the ground differently than it does in my Brooks Ghost 5′s. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not so I’ll probably stick to my Brooks for my upcoming races just in case.
5. Has anyone seen The Following?
Every time I mention this show to anyone, no one knows what I’m talking about. I haven’t been watching anything new this season because I already watch enough as it is, but I kinda love Kevin Bacon so I had to give it try. I also just love bacon. Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the series premiere. There were some twists I didn’t see coming so I’m going to keep with this one and see where it goes.
6. I’ve also been watching a ton of movies. No drinking = movie watching in these parts. I’ve seen Skyfall (I liked Casino Royale better), Looper (decent but not as great as everyone says), The Possession (terrible), Mama (good), and The Watch.
I guess no one liked The Watch? That’s what I keep hearing anyway. I liked it way more than I thought I would even though I think Ben Stiller is barely watchable these days. Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill definitely made up for him.
7. That’s all I got. So please enjoy this picture of Pants looking super annoyed.
Ahh, surly just like her mama.