By the Numbers

1. I’d love to tell you that I rang in the New Year with a sweat-tastic workout, but I didn’t. I sat on the couch all day and watched Twilight Zone episodes on SyFy. When I say all day, I mean from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed.

It was kinda awesome, plus I didn’t really have the energy to do much else.

2. I’m so glad the holidays are finally over. It is exhausting being so joyful all the time. I’m ready to go back to being miserable. You know, gotta switch it up a bit. Plus, I’m ready to start eating food when I’m hungry again and not just because it happens to be in front of me.

3. I registered for this race.

The race is Sunday and I’ll be running it with Brad. If you’ve been reading for awhile, he’s the one I ran the miserable Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll with. We’re basically pace twins (our half marathon PRs are the same down to the second), so unless one of us starts dying out there, we’ll run the whole thing together.

Since I have a race this weekend, I skipped my long run this week. Not that I wouldn’t have skipped it anyway. I don’t have much motivation to run lately. So obviously signing up for more races makes sense.

4. Got my bangs cut again.

That picture was straight out of the salon. My hair looks nothing like that when I style it. Usually I tell stylists not to style (or dry) my hair because I’m not going to live up to their styling the next day anyway, but my new girl styles my hair first and then cuts it dry. Weird order to things but it totally works.

5. I started watching Season 1 of Louie.

Does anyone else watch this? It’s a show based on the fictitious life of Louis C.K. with interludes of his stand-up comedy. Kinda like Seinfeld, but not. I thought it was a comedy and I guess it kinda is, but it goes from being horrifically depressing and sobering one minute to hilarious the next. It’s like an emotional roller coaster to watch. I’m liking it so far. Louis C.K. is ridiculously funny.

6. I bought a pair of Pro Compression socks. (That’s my Twilight Zone-a-thon in the background.)

They were 40% off, so I thought I’d check them out. I bought the largest size and I’m not even sure they fit. The top band part is kinda uncomfortably tight and they give my knees muffin top. Knuffin top? I like my Zensah calf sleeves better but they look a little nerdy so I was looking for something new.

7. I finished Beautiful Creatures.

beautiful-creatures.jpg

I liked it better than I thought I would after most of you said you didn’t care for it. I didn’t think it was ZOMGamazing like The Maze Runner series, Hunger Games, or Unwind but it was good and kept my interest. It ends with a cliffhanger and there are three others in the series already out there. I figure I’ll get to them once I read some others on my list first.

8. Speaking of other books on my list, I’m almost done with The Surgeon.

This is the first book in the Rizzoli and Isles series. I saw an episode of the TV show and thought it was pretty good, so Michelle suggested I read it.

I find it weird to read about how unattractive Rizzoli is and picture Angie Harmon. I guess her personality fits the character but her looks definitely do not. Overall, the book is really good but it’s not typically the kind I like to read. It’s like an episode of CSI, which is fine if you like crime dramas, but it’s not really my thing. If it’s your thing, I would definitely recommend it.

***

Ok, that’s the end of my blabbing for today. It’s time to get back to work after two 4-day weekends in a row. I’m gonna get back to that misery thing now.

Comments

1. Army Amy says

I love it when the hairstylists does my hair precisely because I cannot do it as well as they do. I look my best on the two or three days that I get my haircut out of the entire year. The bangs look cute! I like your hair color, too!*
    Army Amy recently posted..Day 1My Profile

Your hair looks so great in that picture! Also, I LOVE Louis CK. I’m going to see him do standup on Friday and I’m pretty much dying with excitement. At least it softens the blow of going back to work this week.

And yes, I like the pro compression socks but I find that top band insane. Like cuts off circulation and makes my legs itch insane. Wait. Maybe I don’t like them?

I would love to see him! I have my eye out in case he ever comes to Orlando. You’ll have to tell me how the show is.

• Michelle says

I will! Do you have Netflix? You can watch a bunch of his stand up specials on Netflix and they are basically pee-your-pants funny. :)

Yes, ma’am! The stand up special on Netflix was the first I ever saw of him and that’s what made me want to see the show. :-)

3. Allyssa says

Oh, I loooved the Rizzoli&Ises series from Tess Gerritsen! I read them as they came out long before the TV show. And because of that I had trouble getting into the show. The casting for Rizzoli was too pretty. She should have been more like….Sandra Bullock’s character in Miss Congeniality before the makeover!

I love my Pro Compression socks. I don’t notice the top band to be too tight at all and I don’t really have skinny legs. Maybe they’re too tall on your legs since you got the larger size? Mine don’t come so close to my knee. I wear the S/M size and womens size 9 shoes. I actually find my zensah sleeves don’t feel tight enough now that I’ve worn ProCompression!

I was surprised they went to my knee just because I’m so tall (5’9″)! I thought that would be the right size though just cuz I don’t have little girly legs and I’m a size 10 shoe. They are definitely cuter than Zensah, that’s for sure.

4. Leigh says

I actually watched a couple episodes of Louie over the Christmas break, but wasn’t a huge fan of it. Have you ever seen the show called “The League”. Not many big names in it, but it’s hilarious. Definitely recommend checking it out. Love your bangs by the way!

Saw some previews for it, but haven’t seen it. I’m still bummed Shameless isn’t on Netflix and I need to watch that one. You can’t be throwing more shows at me already!

5. Jes @ IDK My BFF Jes says

Glad you liked Beautiful Creatures!

I just started reading it and find it to be a little slow, so now I have hope!

I thought the movie preview looked pretty good, so I couldn’t resist picking up the book when I was dealing with flight delays last week.

I have done nothing but lie on the couch and watch TV/Netflix for 5 days. I’m not even kidding. And I’m not sorry. I watched season 1 of Girls. Entertaining, but I wasn’t freaking out over it like so many people. I think that Lena Dunham is pretty impressed with herself. Not that she shouldn’t be, but anyway.

Bangs=HAWT

Did you read Divergent? That one’s a series, too. In the vein of Hunger Games, but with a female main character that actually has a spine. No wishy washy love stuff. I mean, some, but not as bad as HG.
    Melissa recently posted..2012 in ReviewMy Profile

Yes! Loooooooved Divergent. I should have added that to the list. There’s a prequel out right now that Michelle said wasn’t worth it, but I’m still thinking of reading it at some point.

7. Verlin says

Knuffin top – no need to elaborate. Damn, you are making me want bangs!!!! They look great on you. You change your hair quite a lot though and it always looks great, so I WILL NOT cave and get bangs (I always hate them afterward). Whew – glad I got that out of my system.