Scenes from Christmas

I’ve been so busy this past week that I forgot about blogging. Guess that means it’s been a good week? I’ve been spending lots of time with family and friends, watching lots of Christmas movies, and eating lots of good food. And bad food. I’ve just been eating whatever is in front of me.

Over the past two days, I’ve watched A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Carol, The Family Stone (< — holy depressing), and Love Actually. I haven’t seen Love Actually in probably 8 years. You know, with my love of Walking Dead, you’d think someone would have mentioned Rick Grimes was in it with his cutie English accent.

Got through the whole movie without crying until that scene.

I got extremely lazy with picture taking this week,  but I also didn’t go to any family gatherings or get dressed up to do anything so I guess I didn’t see a point. Here is what I did happen to capture.

Last minute Christmas shopping with hubs. I love mall decorations. I feel like a little kid staring at them.

Red velvet cake cookies that I made for a party I didn’t end up going to.

Christmas bunny snuggles.

She hates being held so much but we pretend she loves it.

Best Christmas present ever from hubs.

So close. *drool*

Fun new camera to use at races. So little!

Chinese Christmas lunch buffet with the in-laws. I was not happy with my “fortune.”

But my father-in-law’s fortune made up for it.

Well played, cookie.

Final beer last night before getting back to eating healthy today.

Ok, it was probably beers and maybe also margaritas. I figure if I’m not going to be drinking again for, when’s New Year’s Eve? Five days? I should make it count.

I hope you all are having a safe and happy holiday season. Smile

Comments

1. Becky S. says

Oh…that makes me want to watch Love Actually again…and that is the cutest little camera ever! OMG so small…I want to run right out and get one! No need though, but I still want to. And, I have been thinking about that email…still thinking…not bad price for the location…just so close to spent lots of money time.

Glad you still had a good long, long weekend. :) Oh my I need to get dressed and head out to some After Christmas sales!
    Becky S. recently posted..Old Navy Fall Dresses Sample &#038; Share (Crowdtapper)My Profile

Yeah, not sure how long the tickets will be there either. Fabian said they were cheaper when he bought them too so they are going up!

Looks like you had a good few days! I’ve been eating like crazy too but somehow managed to lose weight?! How does that happen? I attribute NOT running to that. Instead it’s been nothing but weights and cross training over here. Maybe that’s the secret.
    Michelle recently posted..Christmas, 2012My Profile

3. Matthew says

OK but for real, I too have noticed that these so-called “fortune cookies” are getting real freakin’ lazy lately. More often than not, they forego actual predictions, fortune-telling, or any kind of psychic derring-do in favor of just basic advice, mundane common sense, or “one to grow on” no duh-isms. Well I don’t like it one bit. If I’m spending good money on an MSG overload, I don’t want some stale, plastic-wrapped monstrosity telling me that I should probably separate my whites and darks. Dred Scott and Rosa Parks would be furious. What’s next, the Magic 8-Ball is going to advise people to have sensible and meaningful communications with their Moms? We have too many freedoms…
    Matthew recently posted..Buttkickin’ Mayan Apocalypse Songs: “Still Alive” — GLaDOS (2007)My Profile

4. Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry says

What kind of fortune cookies are those?! Amazing.

I have never seen the Family Stone, and my friend and I had a big Christmas movie marathon yesterday and she was telling me that I need to watch it, but she didn’t say anything about it being depressing… Probably good we stuck to happy movies like Love Actually. That is my FAVOURITE scene, makes me tear up every time.

Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Kid vs. Adult Christmas MorningMy Profile

5. Mammabird says

Red Velvet cookies pretty !
    I always love to watch “The Apartment” on New Years.
    It has Christmas and New Years in it. I think it’s a love story, but
    they call it a comedy. All in the eyes of the beholder. Right?
    Won 5 academy awards plus Best Picture.

6. Army Amy* says

Hahaha! I’m over here cracking up over those fortune cookies! They are crazy! I prefer that my fortunes be about me (I’m egocentric like that), but I will be pondering the plight of the shell-less turtle for a while. There’s got to be some deep meaning hidden in there somewhere.*
    Army Amy* recently posted..Playing with our ToysMy Profile

Oh that is my favorite scene in Love Actually! Makes me so happy/sad! I haven’t watched any Christmas movies this year. My family’s idea of Christmas movies were Ted and Dark Knight Rises.

Trackbacks