Recipe names that rhyme are better. Fact.
That extremely productive Sunday I had also included making these cream cheese bars. Any recipe that is delicious in which I can remember the ingredients and instructions without writing anything down is ok by me. This recipe came from my friend, Linda, so I can’t even claim this as my own. But it’s been awhile since I’ve done a recipe post and I know you guys hate love these! I apologize in advance for the crappy pictures but I took them with my cell phone and my house is a vampire’s den of no windows or light.
1. Gather your ingredients. (1/2 cup sugar or Splenda, cinnamon, one 8 oz block of cream cheese, two Crescent roll tubes)
For those of you against artificial sweetener because you enjoy things working properly in your body, like “kidneys” and “livers,” feel free to use regular sugar. I use all fat free/low fat ingredients because I can’t tell the difference in this particular recipe. You do what you feel is necessary and leave me to my artificially sweetened shame.
2. Mix the (softened) cream cheese with 1/2 cup of Splenda or sugar until creamy.
3. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. (I line it with tin foil and then spray that.)
4. Roll out one of the Crescent roll sheets flat.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the Crescent roll sheet.
6. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top of the cream cheese. (I use real sugar. I know that doesn’t make sense at this point, but either do a lot of things.)
7. Lay the second Crescent roll sheet flat on top of the first one.
8. Spray the top with butter spray (optional). I suppose you could use real butter too but we all know I’m not going to do that.
9. Sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon on top and bake that bad boy according to the Crescent roll instructions on the tube.
10. Let them cool a bit before you cut them into cute little squares and share with your friends. Or, be selfish and eat the thing whole. Just make sure to send me a picture.
These take about 20 minutes to make, including the 12-13 minutes baking time. They also make husbands and boyfriends extremely happy. So if you want to make your husband or boyfriend happy, make sure to make these. Otherwise, don’t make them and keep your man sad.