Dressing Up

My Netflix queue if finally full of TV shows I don’t need to watch thanks to all of your suggestions. I will remember who suggested what so if I hate a show and then you find a flaming bag of poo on your doorstep, you will know it’s from me.

I’m starting with The Wire. Since it isn’t on Netflix streaming and I’m far too cheap to buy or rent it, my friend, Chris, graciously let me borrow his box set.

Note to Chris: no box sets were harmed in the taking of that photo.

Four of you suggested that I watch The Wire, so I have four bags of poo on standby. I’m six episodes in and while it has gotten better the last two episodes, I can’t say I love it. I’m still trying to give it a chance but I’m not sure I’ll make it to season 2 at this point. Pant’s agrees.

In a little over a week, I’ll be running the Disney Tower of Terror 10-miler. I’m running it with my friend, Sheila, and if we can ever get our schedules to mesh, we are going to dress alike and be those annoying, excited girls that other girls glare at. We’re hoping to dress in costume if we can find something that’s running friendly at the last minute.

A couple months ago, Sheila hurt her ankle and was benched from running by her doctor. She hasn’t run more than three miles in a few months, so she’s worried about keeping up with me during the race. (<— ha!)

My plan is to run with her the whole time and go at whatever pace is comfortable for her. Disney has a lot of photo opportunities on their courses, so we will probably take advantage of those. I’ll run a more serious race for the Space Coast half, hopefully. Although, Shelia is one of those people that says she can’t do something and then she does double what she said she couldn’t do and makes you look like a fool.

So tonight is all about getting ideas of what to wear for the race (any suggestions?) and then do a little shopping for hubs. His birthday is Saturday and I am seriously running out of time to get him something. Is it wrong to give your husband cash? Or maybe I can just promise not to wear yoga pants and dirty t-shirts for a week. That’s a good gift.

Comments

1. Jackie @ MomJovi says

Words fail. I don’t even know what to think about you hatin’ on The Wire like that. Stringer Bell would NOT be impressed.

You can take that bag of poo and throw it at whatever slasher movie you plan to watch next instead of the greatest show ever on TV.
    Jackie @ MomJovi recently posted..CFLBlogCon 2012: My Top 5My Profile

2. Megan says

I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of dog poo on my door although I do hope that it turns around for you with The Wire. It’s one of those slow-building shows that always has a bigger season end than beginning or middle. And the overall themes are just ridic.

You should dress up as your hubs for the race. That can be his bday present, too. It’ll be like how people dress up and pay homage to Elvis.

3. Leigh says

You’ve got to keep watching so you can hear the line “Omar’s comin’!”. Ah, so good. I’m telling you again and if you don’t listen, I will slap you through the computer- try watching the show called Shameless. So good!

Does the promise not to wear yoga pants for a week come with the promise to shower as well?
    Leigh recently posted..These are my confessions {V17}My Profile

I added Shameless to my queue a few days ago! I noticed that Neflix said it’s comparable to a ton of other shows I like so I will check it out.
      And showers? No. Maybe for Christmas.

4. Jennifer says

Love your blog! It’s my hubbies birthday on Saturday too….can you grab me Gift while your out…..I’m a bad bad wife

5. Nicole G says

Husband gifts are the WORST. I think I’ve had a slam-dunk gift with my husband about 2 or 3 times in the last 8 years. Us ladies are so easy — something that’s shiny, smells nice, or a spa treatment and BOOM husband of the year.

I have no helpful suggestions as I have neither a husband or friends who run (which makes racing so lonely!) but I did want to say that Pants has the cutest little bunny tail ever.

7. Stefanie says

Clearly you should dress up as zombies. Because what you really want while your running for over an hour is gobs of makeup streaming down your face. I think that sounds really, really, awesome. Haaaaaa.