I’m only here in Killeen for one more day and I can’t wait to get home. I miss my hubs and my bunny. I need to see that sweet bunny butt again.
I’m also in desperate need of a long run. I haven’t run longer than 5 miles in a month and I have some races coming up that I’d like to actually be prepared for. I’m also considering signing up for a race in January (ahem) so I need to keep my endurance up. If I don’t run with my group next weekend, it might get ugly.
So here’s what you’ve been missing in Killeen because I’m too busy blabbing about how much I love Austin:
1. It’s burning hot outside but any establishment has the A/C jacked so high (low?) that I’m either hotter than hell or freezing my ass off. The classroom I work in happens to be of the freezing variety. I threw a jacket in my suitcase just in case, and I’ve worn it every single day. I didn’t try the jacket on before I packed it, so let’s just say it’s a size too small. And my arms only lift half way up.
2. Yesterday, a bunch of us went to lunch at noon. I thought it was kinda chilly outside, which I found super weird. I checked the temperature on my weather app and it was 92 degrees with a “feels like” temperature of 98. Ninety-eight is my new cold. It only took two weeks in Texas for this to happen. I might have to bring out the ear muffs if it gets down to 80.
3. I’m working in a classroom on a military base and the badge I wear requires an escort. That means, I can’t go anywhere in the building without someone who has a no escort required badge. So, I have to ask random dudes (with the correct badge) anytime I want to go to the bathroom. And then they have to wait outside the bathroom door for me to finish so they can walk me back. That’s fun.
So I’ve basically been living on Diet Coke and barely drinking water so I’m not running to the bathroom every 30 minutes. And I’m worried that I’ll take more than 2 minutes in there and they’ll know what I’m doing.
4. The other day, one of the ladies that hands out badges when we enter the building asked me if I thought it was hot enough outside. I told her I could go for it being 110 instead of 104, and that it wasn’t quite hot enough. And then she was all…
Texas has not taken kindly to my weather jokes.
5. The hotel doesn’t get the AMC channel, so I’m two weeks behind on Breaking Bad. It’s killing me! The internet connection at the hotel is so slow that it’s too annoying to watch through my SlingBox, so I have to wait till I get home. They do have HBO, which may not be a good thing. I’ve managed to see In Time again (< — click that if you haven’t seen it – it’s a public service warning), part of Something Borrowed (ugh), the same episode of Newsroom four times, and some movie with Chris Evans where he’s naked a lot.
Ok, that last part isn’t so bad.
This pretty much sums up my last two weeks in Killeen. Exciting, right? Next time I talk to you, I’ll be back in Orlando. I’m so ready to be home. Have a great weekend!