Lazy Came to Town

Last week lazy came to town. I worked out on Monday, but by Tuesday I was in such a piss poor mood that the only reason I worked out is because I felt too guilty to cancel with my trainer. Wednesday, I skipped spin. Then I quit salads for the rest of the week and took up bacon cheeseburgers.

Thursday and Friday weren’t any better. I skipped those workouts too. Thursday night, hubs and I went to a midnight showing of The Avengers. I’m pretty sure I fell asleep for 10 minutes of the movie. I’m old, it was late, and I’m like a canary when the lights go out. But once I woke up, I liked it a lot, even though the story was pretty weak. (And not because I missed 10 minutes of it.)

Before the movie, and before I realized I’d have 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before, I thought it would be a good idea to buy last minute tickets to take my present husband…

…to see my future husband on Friday.

Who am I kidding? It was a good idea. Oh hey there yummy. You pointing at me?

Bush was opening for Nickelback (what has this world come to?) so I figured it would be a fun show even though I’m not really a Nickelback fan. Plus, I’m a snobby concert goer and there were floor tickets available. :-)

This is the 4th time I’ve seen Bush and it made me sad that I missed them when they were in town a few months ago as the headliner. I heart them.

I love how they do a random cover song at each show. This time he sang Come Together from The Beatles and Gavin walked around the whole perimeter of the stadium, through the audience, while he was singing it. Freakin’ awesome. That is until the woman in green started molesting my man. Rude.

Of course, he walked right by us when he was going back to the stage and my camera wasn’t fast enough. But I was totally cool with that.

When Nickelback came on stage, we hung out toward the back of the floor. I broke my non-drinking clause because well, it’s Nickelback. Hubs didn’t care for them but I thought they were pretty entertaining. They threw t-shirts into the crowd (with a t-shirt cannon), which I thought was kinda cool.

Just when we thought we were at maximum safe distance, a big, rotating platform descended from the ceiling and BAM! They were right behind us.

They sang 4 or 5 songs from the platform until they went back to the stage, including my two faves (Animals and Rock Star). Oh, and let me point out that I don’t own one Nickelback album and still knew all but one of their songs. It is crazy how they are considered the joke of the rock world but they have so many hits.

Oh, and here’s a picture that I took that didn’t come out. Is that girl flicking him off? Or am I behind the times and this is the new way to rock out?

We left during the encore to avoid traffic and went home to watch more Breaking Bad. Because we’re not obsessed at all with that. Now I’ve had Nickelback songs in my head for the past 4 days. They’re tricky like that.

Comments

1. Matthew says

I think Lazy must have hit others of us this weekend too. I hit my workouts through Wednesday, but then my birthday showed up and it was all down hill from there. Pretzels, beer cheese, steak and mashed potatoes (oh and of course 25oz of beer!) from Granite City was an amazing break though!

Avengers was great right? The Fiance bought tickets to the 3D IMAX show, and it was AMAZING.

Hopefully you hit it hard today like I plan to =)

2. Becky S. says

Very NICE pics of Gavin…oh yes. :) I like Nickelback…but don’t think I own any of their albums, just a few songs. You may have been lazy with your workouts, but you sure were busy! ;) And we went to see Avengers Friday night – LOVED IT. Who cares if there was a weak story it rocked…and its a comic book movie! And that scene with the HULK! Oh that’s all. ;)
    Becky S. recently posted..O Magazine $10 Subscription from Purex!My Profile

3. Becky S. says

Oh…and…even though I’ve been keeping up with my exercising…apparently I cannot eat what I want. I gained back 3lbs since last Monday. It’s tough…trying to be better about everything! And, what is NOT going to help…celebrating my birthday this weekend and NEXT weekend. HAHA. Guess I’ll be good 7-11th, 13th, 15-17th, and back to it 22nd.
    Becky S. recently posted..O Magazine $10 Subscription from Purex!My Profile

Yeah, unfortunately that whole weight loss thing is 80% what you eat and 20% “other factors.” It’s too bad because I really wanted to put more of a percentage on heredity. ;-)

4. julie says

It looks like she’s doing the “rock n roll/you rock” hand sign. It looks like the sign for “I Love You” but without the thumb out.

5. Mz. Teri says

I can’t believe you went to the Nickleback concert and didn’t invite ME to join you!!! :`(

I LOVE me some Nickleback, and I’ve never seen them live… never seen Bush either, for that matter. Of course the ticket prices were probably way out my budget, but that’s what credit cards are for… right? lol

Glad you had a great time.

Well, next time make your love of Nickelback known! :-) And to be fair, we did buy the tickets 24 hours before the show. And they were $100 ea. Ouch.

6. Amber K says

I have never been to a concert before (well maybe a couple of outdoor “concerts”), but it always seems like fun. Except for the whole part of other concertgoers! I can’t even watch concerts on TV where everyone is screaming and singing along. I’d be the old fogey saying “umm I paid to hear THEM sing it” ;)
    Amber K recently posted..Dance Floor ConfrontationMy Profile

Oh, it’s loud enough that you’ll never hear someone else singing unless they are screaming it in your ear. Nickelback was almost too loud. I need to remember to get earplugs because I’m an old lady.

I’m having trouble with Gavin’s shirt. It looks like something you would’ve seen in neon on Miami Beach circa 1987. Or last week. But he’s hot, so I guess he gets a pass.

Whenever I hear “Photograph,” I want to punch someone, so I couldn’t go to see Nickleback just because of that. But Rockstar is pretty good. Also, I want to give that lead singer guy a makeover. I’m not sure how to make him better, but there has to be a way.
    Melissa recently posted..I’m Baaaaaaack!!!My Profile

Oh man, I think he looks 100% better now that he cut his dbag hair. How is Gavin supposed to showcase his tan, bulbous muscles without a shirt like that? Also, I just wanted to use bulbous.

8. Megan says

Dude, I had to back up and re-read the section that said that Bush opened for Nickleback. Are monkeys going to fly out of my ass next?

On the other hand, the lead singer is kind of hot (is that blasphemy?) with his hair cut short.

9. Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry says

Whoa whoa whoa. Bush opened for Nickelback?! What in the name of pizza? I loooove Bush. Gavin is a hot tamale. I hope you gave him a little ass pat as he walked by you. I am so jealous.
    I know Nickelback gets a lot of shit from people…but I think they’re alright. Not my faves, but I think we Canadians make fun of them because they are an embarrassment to Canada. I hear they are a lot more popular in the US.
    Mr. Kroeger is looking a little better with his short hair actually… Still not attractive, but a little better.
    Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..A Sport Conference for Just the LadiesMy Profile

10. Ricole Runs says

Don’t hate me, but I hate Nickelback! :-) you know what I don’t hate though? Bacon cheeseburgers. That looks amazing. I ate a giant pizza last night and am totally off the wagon too.

11. Victoria says

So this is totally random, but there’s an Alabama fan site that has a thing about posting Nickleback songs after a win because it is supposedly lucky. And the author hates Nickleback, so it’s like, “hey, we have to listen to this song to torture ourselves so we can keep winning.” I never said Alabama fans were normal.
    Victoria recently posted..Oh You Fancy, Huh?My Profile

YES!!! Isn’t Aaron Paul adorable? I want to squeeze his cheeks. But not the ones on his face. You’re basically going to have to tweet me your progress on that show at all times. MANDATORY.

12. Running Girl says

I’m with you on Nickleback. I don’t exactly like them, but they do have some good songs? They really aren’t Justin Bieber, so I’m not sure why critics love to hate them, but I have admittedly poor taste in music anyway.

I’m also pretty sure that slacker/cheeseburger/fries weeks are necessary so that the following weeks/months, I enjoy the salad & workouts again. It’s like when you have to get drunk on tequilla every so often just to remember why it’s a bad idea.
    Running Girl recently posted..Running is my therapyMy Profile