I Like My Movies Fancy

Easter morning, eh make that afternoon, I got up and ran 7.25 miles of hills around my mom’s house. Not that I had a choice. Because that’s all they have here. Lots and lots of hills. It was a hard run (somewhere around a 9:50 pace?), but the weather was so perfect that I had to get out and enjoy it one more time before I leave. I love you California weather. I love you so hard.

After the run, my mom and I went to Cinepolis to see 21 Jump Street.

We tried to see Mirror Mirror there a couple days ago, but when we found out the matinee for both of us (with a senior discount) was $33, we walked away and paid $18 somewhere else. Guess we missed the “luxury cinemas” part of the sign.

When I told my brother about the theatre, he said it was worth the price and we should check it out. So mom and I made it our Easter treat to ourselves. Check out the inside of this place.

I

When I bought our tickets, I got to choose our seats like buying tickets on Ticketmaster. Assigned seating? That’s crazy talk. I would so pay the extra money to see shows like Hunger Games on opening day here.

Why yes, we do dress alike. I like how the natural lighting really enhances my roots.

The theatre had a full menu with flatbreads, sushi, salads, wraps, specialty popcorn, specialty coffees, milkshakes, regular theatre candy and popcorn, and a full bar. We got there early, so I had a Watermelon Candy Martini to ensure I thought the movie was funny.

Our theatre was 21 and up only, so once the theatre opened, I got IDed at the door. THAT’S right, bitches!

When we got inside, we saw why the tickets are so expensive. ALL the seats are recliners.

I thought the movie was really funny. There were lots of inside jokes, so I’ll probably see it again to catch more stuff. My mom didn’t like it but she didn’t even care. She wanted to stay in those seats forever. Seriously, it was the most comfortable movie ever.

I tried to will myself to find Channing Tatum hot since the rest of the world does, but I just can’t do it. He does nothing for me. He has a gigantic head and I think he needs braces. Whew! That felt good to say. And now you will all hate me.

I did find the other guy in the movie ridiculously good looking.

I had to look him up. Turns out, he’s James Franco’s brother, Dave. Oh yeah. There’s TWO of them. *eyebrow waggle*

*****

By the time you read this, I’ll be heading back to Orlando. So go ahead and get it out of your system and tell me how much you love Channing Tatum and I’ll disagree with you all once I land in Dallas.

Comments

1. Jenny @ The Little JBird says

What an awesome movie theater! I wonder if people fall asleep in the recliners a lot?
    I actually don’t like Channing Tatum. At all.
    Before I read your caption I was like wow that guy looks like James Franco. I didn’t know he had a brother in the business. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. ;)
    Safe travels home, girl!
    Jenny @ The Little JBird recently posted..shoe love and running fashionMy Profile

I kept checking on my mom during the movie to make sure she was awake. Especially after I caught her sleeping in Mirror Mirror incident. But she stayed awake the whole time. And then didn’t want to leave at the end. :-)

I’ll take CT (even though I agree he could use some Invisaline) — you can take David Franco (and his brother – they do nothing for me).

Hurry up and get back to Orlando!! It’s actually nice here today (and has been ALLLL weekend).
    Michelle recently posted..Napworthy WeekendMy Profile

I’m back! And I would be happy to be the tomato in a James Franco/Dave Franco sammie. Hee. < — dirty old lady

3. AndreaClaire says

I am right there with you on Channing Tatum. His neck is the same size as his head! I just don’t get the appeal.

And I need one of those theatres near me. It looks awesome.

I completely agree with you on Channing Tatum. He just seems . . . dumb. Which does not do it for me. James Franco’s brother is hotter than James Franco. James is too pretty for me.

I went to a theater like that in Richmond, only they served you dinner and drinks in your seats, which was kind of awesome, but also kind of freaked me out. I felt trapped by the tray table thing in front of me, and they stopped waiting on us during the movie, which I understand because you’re supposed to be watching the movie and that would be annoying, but my glass was empty. And we know that won’t do.
    Melissa recently posted..So I Went on Another Date . . .My Profile

Yep, they serve you in your seats too. I wasn’t even hungry but I almost got something just so I could be served in a recliner and be the ultimate lazy ass.

5. Amber K says

I have to agree with your thoughts on Channing. Although I do like his body. Buying regular movie tickets makes me cringe thinking about how if I just wait long enough I can get them for free. Once they’re on DVD I look up one of the numerous free codes online for Redbox or Blockbuster Express. I can’t imagine spending even more than that! Although those chairs do look comfy.
    Amber K recently posted..Money? Where’s My Candy?My Profile

THANK YOU! I do not get the Channing Tatum love either. His mumbling way of speaking drives me crazy. When everyone was dying to see the vow I kept imagining how scary it would be to wake up from a coma and have him hulking and mumbling over you!!

And I loved 21 Jump Street! I thought it was really funny!

7. Haley @ Health Freak College Girl says

there’s one of those movie theatres near me but since i’m a broke college student, i don’t go haha

and holy cow. james franco’s brother is…wow. i’m in love (yes. LOVE) with james franco so his brother would be a good consolation prize ;)
    Haley @ Health Freak College Girl recently posted..one monthMy Profile

Yes! My mom lives about 15 minutes from the theatre. (If you saw the pool pictures in another post, that was the La Costa Spa and Resort)

8. Angie says

I totally agree with your thoughts n Channing Tatum. He doesn’t do it for me. He has a constant thin mustache that looks like it can’t grow in. It drives me nuts!

9. Becky S. says

I can’t think of who Channing Tatum is off-hand. That looks like an amazing theater and yes, every now and again I’d feel like splurging on it, too!

Glad you had an amazing weekend with your mom (and family)! Sorry we missed you this trip, but the next one…oh the next one! ;)
    Becky S. recently posted..Big Blog MoveMy Profile

10. Ricole Runs says

Who’s Channing Tatum???? A s’more with a Cadbury egg and a peep just happened. You are a pure evil genius. Best meal ever. And I’m sure the chicken and the egg enjoyed been reunited.

11. Amanda says

Thank you for coming out and saying what I have been thinking for the last year….*whew* I am so glad that there are others like me out there, because for a while now I thought I was the only one on the planet who does not get the boom, boom in her heart over Channing Tatum. But yes, that other bloke, Mr. Franco, SMOKING!

What an awesome theatre! I would have totally fell asleep in that chair. Movies in style, I like.

PS. Great job rocking out those hill lady! :-)
    Amanda recently posted..One Month CountdownMy Profile

12. Adrianna says

id see any movie in that theatre…and they’d have to drag my ass out.
    thank you for the Channing tatum comment. could not agree more! and thanks for the Franco :)