Five for Friday

I like lists. I’m a technical writer. We number everything. So time to get my list on. (Oh, and if you didn’t enter my giveaway already, go do that.)

1.  I wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions on Facebook and Twitter of what to do with my spaghetti squash. Surprisingly, one of the suggestions was not to “shove it,” so I appreciate that. To say I’m an idiot in the kitchen would be an understatement. I realized this when I figured out my favorite way to eat spaghetti squash is with marinara sauce, shredded cheese, and salt/pepper/oregano – also known as the most basic way to make spaghetti. Brilliant. I also like it better reheated the next day than just out of the oven. Speaking of the oven, to make spaghetti squash I had to use it.

Oh, and I just wanted to mention that this girl saved me about 3 fingers when she suggested that I heat it up in the microwave for 4 minutes before I cut it. So thank you for my fingers. I plan to keep doing wonderful things with them.

2.  I guess Fergie has a new beverage out called Voli Light Vodka. I’m all for light vodka because that just means you get to drink more of it, right? Right. Anyway, I ran across this picture of her out promoting it.

(source)

Unless it’s Halloween or you’re going to a party where you’ll be ripping beating hearts out of chest cavities, I don’t think those are necessary. And there are so many daily things that could become uncomfortable because of those. Like, picking other people’s noses.

3. Last Friday, I found out my project manager at work was on vacation from his out of office message. High communication right there. And while I’m talking about work, we changed insurance providers this year which we seem to do every few years to keep the costs lower for all the employees. Well, I went to get my prescription and it’s $13 more than with our old insurance and $8 more than if I didn’t use my insurance at all. I hope I don’t die anytime soon, because that’s not in the budget this year.

5. I’m still super obsessed with this site and pretty much check it all day long.

And now it’s time to go enjoy my “Hunger Games” vacation day. I’ll be picking up my and Michelle‘s (me and Michelle’s?) packets for our race on Saturday (official last race of the season), possibly getting a new pair of running shoes (Saucony Cortanas), seeing the movie (finally), and taking the iPhone plunge.

I always said I would never get an iPhone since I’m fairly anti-Apple. Today, I will eat my words. I hope they taste like cupcakes.

Comments

1. says

Happy hunger games!! I can’t wait to go. And wouldn’t light vodka just have less alcohol in it? Because I do NOT approve of that! I was totally against getting an iPhone but it sooo kicks my old palm pre’s a$$.

2. Verlin says

Think you’re going to like the iPhone. I resisted too, until I sat in a room for two days of software training and all the other kids (even the 55 year old ones) had an iPhone to distract them from the pain that is group training (how can training 15 people at once, some of whom have never touched the software, and some of whom have used it for years, ever be good). I bought one between days one and two and haven’t looked back since. Anxiously awaiting your report on Hunger Games. I am going tomorrow with my 13 year old for his birthday – plus five of his friends, my husband and my 18-year old son. I may wear pink and heels to counteract all that “boyness”, or just throw on a baseball hat and runners and not fight it – haven’t decided yet.

Please go with the pink. That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day. And interesting that boys like HG too. I thought it was a girl thing. Did he read the books?

• Verlin says

The 13 year old read the first one and is part-way through the second. All of his friends are reading them, so I guess it is a “boy” thing – they kill each other, so I guess that’s the attraction. My 18-year old OFFERED to go to his little brother’s birthday movie, and has the first book in his room, so may be reading it (I try not to go in there – it smells weird and there are only 2 square inches of carpet visibile). My husband is being forced to go. If I have to hang out with 7 teenagers, so does he, but I think he’ll end up loving it.

3. says

ahhh the iPhone plunge! My upgrade day was on Wednesday and I contemplated the iPhone … but after much deliberation I stuck with Android (have the Droid X now) and the Razr Maxx will be delivered to me this afternoon!

Umm and I can’t wait to hear all about the Saucony Cortanas. So pretty :)

Have a great weekend and good luck tomorrow!!
    Melissa recently posted..Firesteed Pinot NoirMy Profile

I have the Droid X too! I thought about the Razr but it’s still a little big for me. I wanted a smaller phone and I can’t find a Droid I love otherwise I’d stay away from the iPhone.

• says

I have a Droid X, too, and I kind of think it sucks. So I hope you love your iPhone. Then I will have to get one, too. Because I’m pretty much bleeding money right now, so why not go ahead and really hemorrhage?
        Melissa recently posted..Festoons & FlourishesMy Profile

4. Leanna says

Just a note on the Cortanas – I switched from the Brooks Launch to them about 5 months ago and had to go back to the Launch because the Cortanas KILLED my calves. I never used to have calf problems, but after one 12 mile run, I couldn barely walk for 3 days. I know you’ve mentioned having calf problems, so maybe keep that in mind when purchasing them. Who knows, maybe they will work the opposite for you and relieve your calf issues!

5. says

Okay those nails are just plain freaky! Seriously, what is wrong with her?

I am still resisting the iPhone. I don’t understand the appeal of getting something that is so similar to other, much cheaper items. I’ve been looking for a new MP3 player and am always shocked at the prices of iPods compared to better versions of other brands. I soooo don’t get it.
    Amber K recently posted..Snow in March and a Sauce FailMy Profile

6. Stacie says

I used to work as a technical writer in college!!! How funny! Loved it! And yesssss… Welcome to the dark side Mrs. iPhone!!! Woooo!

7. says

I freaking LOVE The Laughing Dead Website…I check it way too much.

And yes, Fergie’s nails are scary. Is that the new trend or something?! Adele has been rocking them too. I just don’t get it.
    Amanda recently posted..Making It OfficialMy Profile