1. Alright, so I usually don’t blog about this stuff because it’s like shooting myself in the foot. I talk about an eating goal. I fail. That’s pretty much how it goes. So why would I write this now? I don’t know. Maybe because I never learn. But I’m making some diet changes that I’m hoping are going to help me feel my best for my races next month. I’m also hoping they will help me lose 10lbs I’ve gained in the past 2 years. I’m basically going to limit my snacking and sweets, which is my biggest problem. If snacking were an Olympic sport, I would win. I don’t even need to be hungry to do it. The food just needs to be in arms reach. It can be further away if I’m in a rolling chair.
2. Hubs and I did a Crossfit workout on Monday that involved 210 walk-outs. Walk-outs work just about every muscle in your body. Everything was in pain. Getting in and out of the car sucked and I swear that my rib cage hurt for 2 days. I don’t even know how that’s possible, but it is. I tried to find a good depiction of walk outs online for you but came up empty-handed. Instead, I took the time to draw you this treasure.
I’m pretty sure I made this girl proud with that drawing. And If you don’t know exactly how to do a walk out from looking at that, then I feel sorry for you. You obviously cannot follow impecibly drawn directions.
3. I finally got back to weight training this week. I had a bicep/tricep workout on Tuesday (which were the only muscles that weren’t hurting from Monday). It’s amazing how fast you lose strength, so getting back into weight lifting was pretty awesome even though I now have T-rex arms.
Thursday’s workout was just as good:
Round 1 (4 sets of 20)
- Dead lift with 15lb dumbbells
- Sumo squats with 40lb dumbbell < —- I die
- Step-ups with 20 lb dumbell (10 each leg)
Round 2 (4 sets of 20)
I feel like I’m just starting to work out for the first time. My abs and hamstrings are killing me now. Laughing hurts. So I’m going to try my best to be depressed and moody for a couple days.
4. I think Max is getting old. Can fish show signs of old age? I literally think he is going gray.
That’s not glare from the camera. Those are white spots on him that he never had before.
5. Michelle sent me this picture of Robert Downey, Jr today.
Are those high-waters? What is happening here? Well, you know what I say to that? Nice try RDJ, but even your fug outfit isn’t stopping the dirty things that I do to you in my mind.