I Watch Too Much TV

1.  With all the famine, disease, and poverty going on in the world, you’re probably wondering how my box of chocolates fared overnight at work.

However, I think the person got my love note because the box was in a different position this morning. (Why, yes I placed the middle part of the heart directly against the corner of a picture frame on my desk and noticed it was inches away from the frame this morning. What? You don’t do that?) I didn’t even care if they took more chocolate, I just wanted them to know I know. You know?

Oh yes I did!

2.  I went to the gym for a speed workout on Monday and it was awesome. I ran my recoveries for the first time ever. Usually I have to walk them all because I’m so out of breath. Is it even possible to be faster after only 2 weeks of speed work? Doesn’t seem right for some reason. Now if I could only have a personal air conditioner on me at all times during races, I might be able to PR again in this century.

Mile Pace
.50 10:00
400 (1/4 mile) 8:34
400 8:00
400 7:54
400 7:48
.50 10:00
4 x 400 7:48
200  12:00

In between each 400, I ran a 200 at a 12:00 pace. Slow yes, but not walking. Smile

3.  Are you sick of hearing about my shoes yet? Because I’m tired of talking about them. But I still will. The good news is that during that speed run, I had no calf pain in either leg. The bad news is, my sock was bloody from a blister. Incidentally, it was in the same place that my past Nikes have given me blisters. So, I guess I’m going back to doubling up on socks and wearing lots of band aids to try to prevent them.

4.  Did anyone notice Breaking In is coming back from cancellation?

No? Just me?

I read a bunch of articles awhile back that said this show had decent ratings compared to it’s competitors at the time so no one understood why Fox cancelled it. So, hubs and I were psyched (and confused) when we saw a commercial for season 2 last night. We love this show. It’s so funny. And it looks like Megan Mullally is joining the cast this time around (to replace Odette Annable, who’s on House now.) And really, I’ll watch anything with Christian Slater. That man keeps getting better looking and the 1980′s woman in me will love him forever. Until it premieres at the beginning of next month, I will have Pump Up the Volume on constant play. I would watch Heathers, but Michelle won’t give that back to me. *cough* I might even bust out my Christian Slater pose again.

5.  Hubs and I started watching Key and Peele on Comedy Central.

It’s on after Tosh.O and it’s a sketch show with two of the guys from MadTV. It’s actually pretty funny. Is anyone else watching this? There have only been 2 episodes aired so far, but it might be a new favorite. I hope they get some MadTV peeps to guest star on this one because I miss that show. It was so much better than SNL.

6.  I finally caught up on Ringer last night. I swear, just when you think you know what’s going on – you don’t. That show is straight-up ridiculous in the best possible way. Plus, that storyline with the teacher keeps getting more crazy. I love it.

I’m not sure how life existed before DVRs. I wanna snuggle with mine and knit it little outfits.

Comments

1. Sarah S says

I love Ringer. I think my mouth dropped open wide enough to catch flies when they revealed the thing with the teacher. So did not see that coming! Can I just say that he will always be Logan Echolls to me, though?
    Sarah S recently posted..Pre-eclampsia UpdateMy Profile

Me too! I like how he’s working his way through the Buffy cast since Charisma Carpenter and Allyson Hannigan were on Veronica Mars. :-)

2. Amanda @FancyOatmeal says

Dear Hubby and I have watched a few episodes of Key & Peele – I find them to be pretty funny, but not so much on the Dear Hubby front. It’s not something I would be devastated if I missed, but wouldn’t mind having a few epis saved up for a rainy day.
    Amanda @FancyOatmeal recently posted..How to Waste a Free DayMy Profile

Way to go on that speed work! So proud! So so proud.

I feel it is totally normal to place things strategically to catch a food thief. I don’t share food very well, and if someone’s taking something without asking? Forget it.

Also, Nike’s are the devil. Those blisters are direct proof. Just saying.
    Melissa recently posted..Nutrition for Runners: MagnesiumMy Profile

4. Roz says

Nice speed workout! I wish I had the desire/motivation to do speed training more often, or at least the discipline to force myself. Kudos to you! I love Key & Peele! I was hooked from the first episode.

Yes! Those guys are so funny. I loved how the guy from Modern Family showed up in the Nazi skit this week so I’m looking forward to more guest stars. :-)

5. poptartyogini says

i don’t run (unless chased) but i developed the nastiest blisters while wearing nike lunar glides around disney world. they hurt so bad. my husband kept giving me a look like he was going to murder me in the haunted mansion and leave me as a prop because i complained so much. now i don’t have a problem with them at all.

i can’t imagine life without my dvr. it is a game changer!
    poptartyogini recently posted..yoga: cheater, cheaterMy Profile

6. Amber K says

Man, with my shows, my husband’s shows, and the shows we like to watch together we have to do a lot of rearranging in order to record everything! We could just buy another one and have it not be such a giant pain, but we just can’t go that far into our TV obsession, right?
    Amber K recently posted..Broccoli Pesto QuinoaMy Profile