Today, So Far

I had to get up early this morning (7:50am). I know. Life is rough without kids. Sorry moms and dads. Anyway, we had an appointment to have new internet set up that’s going to be faster and save me $50 a month. Since we had an 8-10am technician arrival window, I killed some time by actually cleaning the house. I made sure to follow these steps precisely, just in case.

Hub’s allergies have been acting up lately, so I decided to do a really good vacuuming. This means, de-furring the bunny first because she molts like a mofo for several months out of the year and you can literally pull clumps of hair out of her.

That picture was taken when we were done. There were 3 other piles just like that.

After the de-furring (which she is not a fan of), we rewarded her for good behavior with a new cardboard box. Nothing but the best and most expensive gifts for Pants.

The diva wanted her picture taken today. I love that curious little face.

The new internet was set up without problem. We also had a new data outlet installed and that went well too, which I thought was unusual. Something always goes wrong no matter what I have set up. After the technician left, I even mentioned to hubs that it was weird it went so smoothly.

After our internet provider was switched, I headed back to Fleet Feet and went through the same process I did a month ago. I had my gait analyzed and ran in a bunch of different shoes. The lady that helped me this time told me that the shoes I bought probably have too much stability. She also really reminded me of Marnie from True Blood last season.

So Marnie recommended ones with minimal stability, which I thought was what I had already with the Brooks, and said I should stick with the inserts. She also told me my calves are super tight, which I knew. I’m just too lazy to move from the couch to the floor to foam roll them most of the time. This time around, my feet chose the Nike SuperFug Lunarglide 3.

I’ve always wanted my size 10 boat feet to be the absolute center of attention and now they can be! I haven’t ran in Nike’s in years, so we’ll see how these go. They were over $30 cheaper so I got some money back, which was nice since I’m going to look like an moron in these.

Oh, and as I’m writing this blog post, our internet is running at dial-up speed. The guy gave us the wrong modem and they need to come back out. Yeah. That sounds about right.

Comments

1. Bethany says

Hope the new shoes are great. Those are the ones I just bought for my daughter. Nike and I don’t mix well, for shoes.

2. Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups says

I think those shoes look awesome but I love anything bright orange. Let’s see some pics of them on!

3. kathleen@runderbykat says

BP is so cute. She looks absolutely thrilled with her new box. I need to brush Derbs, but she only lasts for 15 seconds before trying to attack the brush.
    Nice shoes! I hope you have a colorful wardrobe to go with them! I’m interested in how you like them- I haven’t run in Nikes in years. Hope they’re better than the old shoes!
    kathleen@runderbykat recently posted..8 miles before school? Crazy.My Profile

4. Ricole Runs says

Your posts always really really make me want a bunny. I wish I could get my husband on board! He’s already allergic to my cat and I also do a terrible job of keeping the cat fur from getting EVERYWHERE (it pretty much looks like Pants’ fur). And my cat would probably kill the bunny anyway.
    Ricole Runs recently posted..2 Weeks!My Profile

5. iJason says

We slept until 8am. :-P

I probably missed this in a previous post due to my slacking in reading of blog posts lately, but which provider did you switch to. In the 30 seconds that you have been with them, what do you think so far? Did you increase your speed too? Am I asking too many questions? “Do you guys knows how to post videos to Facebook?’

“That’s so 42 seconds ago.” :-)
      We went from AT&T to Brighthouse. We did increase our speed but they installed the wrong modem so we’re not running at it. And they’ve missed their appointment THREE TIMES today so far. It’s getting annoying. Grr.

6. poptartyogini says

i can totally relate to the internet issue. everytime i touch something electronic something goes wrong and i hear ‘well, i’ve never seen it do that before’. why?! do you have to buy a new printer everytime your current one runs out of ink or paper? happens all the time. hope it is fixed!
    poptartyogini recently posted..success: makeup challengeMy Profile

7. Becky S. says

I had no idea you had to defur your rabbit! She’s a cutie! Love her pictures.

Those shoes…oh…I’d never buy those…unless they felt like the best thing in the world to my feet…Orange is my LEAST fav color. Hope they work out for you…and really make your feet happy!
    Becky S. recently posted..Mummies and Birthdays (Not Combined)My Profile

8. Laura says

I hate Nike shoes. They fit my feet weird. My friend even tests out new Nike shoe models for them and could get me free shoes but I can’t try them out bc they rip up my feet. :-( Have you tried Asics? I have wore the GT21XX series for 7 yrs and swear by them. They are medium stability (which I don’t think I need) and pretty lightweight and they don’t come in such fugly colours. It kinda sounds like your running store peeps don’t know what they’re talking about. :-(

I have a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 12. They’re neutral running shoes and are great up till 7 or 8 miles when they really start hurting my feet. These Nikes totally solved my knee problem, but yeah…they aren’t kind in the blister department. I’m going to see what doubling up socks and a few strategically placed band-aids will do. I’m just so tired of going back to this store!

9. Linsay says

I was thinkin’…I don’t know what you use on bunnypants but I just found something Boscoe LOVES! We went to petsmart and picked up one of those mits to brush dogs-the ones with very small, soft bristels and he love it because it’s feels just like a pet. (Tried it out on the hubby first-he’s a fan too.)

We don’t use anything! We just pull clumps out with our fingers. Does it get a lot of fur off? I might have to look for that. Pants loooves her petting.