Things That Make You Go Hmm

Last thing I’ll say about all this blog business and I’ll get back to my regular posts.

• For those of you who asked where to find the email subscription button, it’s in the right-hand column of the blog. Type in your email address in the subscription field and press Subscribe. Viola!
  • For WordPress subscribers, click Read Blogs < Blogs I Follow and then add http://www.eatwatchrun.com in the enter URL field and click Follow. That should work. (Or you could use Google Reader like the rest of us.) ;-)
  • I’m still working on the look of the blog, so if you see changes here and there, that is just my indecisive womanly nature at work.

Oh, and self-hosting a blog is a bitch. And I didn’t even have to deal with most of the issues because of this girl and that guy. I don’t consider myself an idiot with computers by any means, but I do now. I’m still trying to understand what the heck is going on around here. Ok, now on to other things.

******

1.  I follow Kristen Bell on Twitter. Let’s just get that little tidbit out of the way. Well, she tweeted this video. (< —- Watch it. So funny.) And when I saw the tweet, I responded to her.

That's where my hub's bachelor party video went! @ RT Wow, how surprising they are no girls at this party. http://t.co/CqdDyqhd

About a week later, I got the best Twitter spam ever.

Have I ever?!

There’s something I love about that spam going to me and Kristen Bell. I feel like we’re closer buds now.

2.  I wrote a post titled Whiskey-A-No-No a few weeks ago.

IMG_5448

Then I noticed it shows up in Google Reader like this.

reader

Thank you Google Reader, for making me look like a complete tool.

3. I was shopping at Best Buy the other day when I spotted this.

Limited edition Twilight hair styling tools so you can look just like Bella and Edward. Remember, ordinary styling tools may not make you look like them. Also what may not make you look like them: your face.

4.  The other day, I saw this in the grass while walking into work. Well, I saw two of them.

I’m going to venture to say that’s the laziest spider ever. I’m not sure that I even knew insects could be lazy (ok, arachnids). But obviously,  he couldn’t be bothered with climbing anywhere or say, spinning a web and hoisting himself to a safer location. Not that I blame him. I’m pretty sure if I were a spider I’d probably do the same thing. But honestly, he’s got to know that’s a bad idea.

5. I was on the treadmill watching Vampire Diaries last week when I noticed something that seems to happen a lot on the show.

Does anyone else pull their friends to their chest and hug them when their sad? Because Elena and Caroline hug like this a LOT. I’ve had the same best friend for 30 years and I still haven’t gotten a hug like that. Am I not worthy of chest hugs? Have I been doing it wrong all this time? These are things I need to know.

Alright, I’m off to finish some work. Then I might do some hugging research.

Comments

Well, now that I know, that is how I’m going to want to sleep the night before the Gasparilla race. I radiate a lot of heat too, so it’s gonna get sweaty.

1. Heather@Just a Colorado Gal says

Random Twilight fact you never needed to know: a friend of mine owns a house that she rents, and they had to go over there this weekend to clean it out for the new tenants. Fact: the master bedroom (where the 40+ years old parents slept) was covered in wall-to-wall posters of the Twilight characters, including on the back of the bathroom door.
    CREEPY!!
    Heather@Just a Colorado Gal recently posted..Beanies are the key to life (giveaway!)My Profile

2. Amber K says

I don’t think I have ever hugged someone like that…ever. I tried reading blogs in Google Reader a few times, but I just hate the way it looks. I’ll just have to stick with opening up the actual pages ;)
    Amber K recently posted..Super Bowl = Food TimeMy Profile

3. Amanda says

Totally digging the new look of the blog.
    I love, LOVE Kristen Bell….and I love her even more after seeing her ‘Sloth’ video on Ellen. Too cute!

I am not a touchy-feely person and if anyone hugged me like that I think that I would punch them.
    Amanda recently posted..11 ThingsMy Profile

4. Sarah S says

I refuse to read blogs any way other than Google Reader. I’ve even unsubscribed from a few when they started only publishing the first few lines of their posts (I’ll click over if I feel like it, not cause you made me). Anyways, Kristen Bell is awesome. I hope she enjoys that midget spam.
    Sarah S recently posted..The best plan is often no planMy Profile

Yes! I’ve actually asked 2 bloggers to fix their settings so I could see the whole post in Reader and both times I don’t think they knew they had that setting.

5. Laurie says

Where have you been?? People hug like that all the time!!! Ha Ha, just kidding! :) I guess I never noticed that when watching Vampire Dairies, need to pay attention more! Thanks for a good laugh today!

6. Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com says

I like the new site… nice!!!

I LOVE Kristen Bell. Especially now that I’m finally watching Veronica Mars. She is adorable. Loved that video of her with the sloth.

Glad you are still showing up in Google Reader and don’t do that couple of lines crap that some people do. Drives me nuts!!
    Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com recently posted..January recapMy Profile

7. iJason says

Well THAT guy was glad to help. :o) In an odd geeky way, it’s fun. If you need any additional help, you know where to find him. Noooo, not in the corner eating fried twix and drinking 5 Guinness.

Congrats! I have no idea what self hosting even means, so good work! :)

Did I not embrace you in a properly awkward way when we met? My apologies. I’ll be sure to get it right next time. You should also probably practice that for when you and KB meet again. I’m sure she’ll love it.
    Melissa recently posted..Weekend UpdateMy Profile

Yes, I’ll need you to pull me to your chest next time. I need all the practice I can get for KB so I’m really good at it by then.

9. Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry says

Whiskey a North North…haha.
    I prefer to get the full blog experience, so I like to read your blog the old fashioned way and just type your address into my browser. Crazy, I know.
    You are not making me feel better about going self-hosted… I do not consider myself to be a computer genius, but I am semi savvy (somehow I am the “tech person” in my office, but it’s mainly because no one else knows how to do anything besides visit facebook and write emails). Anyway, right now, anything that needs to be done on my blog I can do myself, so I’m not sure how I feel about giving up that control…

And I saw those hair products!!!! Maybe if I buy them I will look like Bella?!
    Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..I am a KlutzMy Profile

You don’t need to look like Bella when you’re rockin’ the Kate Hudson.
      Oh, and you are SO MUCH more computer savy than me. Don’t think I don’t read your cartoon posts.
      The self-hosting is a good thing…once you get all the bugs worked out. I remember feeling the same way about blogging when I switched from Blogger to WordPress, so it will get better. I’ll write a happy post then. :-)

10. Linz says

Congrats on the new site, lady!
    I looove Kristen Bell and still can’t get over the sloth vid. Did you see her Chelsea Lately appearance where she talked about A Rod’s Chihuahua’s on a plane?

11. Jessica @ Running To Be Skinny says

I’m off to google who this Kristen Bell girl is. #stayathomemom #liveunderarock :) Jessica

runningtobeskinny.com
    Jessica @ Running To Be Skinny recently posted..My WeekendMy Profile

Haha, yes! You must find out. And then you must watch Veronica Mars, which is pretty much the best TV show ever created. :-)