My Week of Nothing

So about that nothing I’ve been doing all week. I’m starting to impress myself with my capacity for laziness and a lack of will to get anything done. Or at least anything that makes me feel like I’m a useful member of society. So, here’s some of the useless things I’ve done this week. :-)

1.  Dune is on TV right now, which was filmed in 1984. Patrick Stewart looks the same in this movie as he does right now. So I have been Googling Patrick Stewart pictures and I’ve come to the conclusion that he was born old and partially bald.

2.  Michelle just emailed me (because this is important information) that the daughter on Ringer (Zoey Duetch) is Lea Thompson’s daughter.

I don’t know why this blows my mind and why celebrity news is so important to me, but it is. I tried to tell hubs all about it but he just stares at me silently until I stop talking. So I’m telling you all instead. Also, no matter what anyone says, Howard the Duck is a good movie.

3. I went for my third laser hair removal appointment today. I still haven’t left a tip and now I’m feeling a little guilty about it. But not guilty enough to leave an actual tip. The place got a new laser machine that covers a lot more surface area than the last one, so I only need to be zapped 5 times instead of 10 or more. Also, the new machine was probably made in this century because it hurts 50% less that the last one did.

4.  Hubs was eating puff corn last night and found one that looks like a moustache. He deems that puff corn too cute and funny to eat. So now it’s sitting on our coffee table. At least until the ants carry it away.

5.  I finally finished The Death Cure.

Good lord it took me forever to read that book. While I liked the actual ending, it seemed to take forever to get where it was going. I was disappointed with it compared to the first 2 books, which I couldn’t put down. Has anyone else read The Maze Runner series?

6. I watched the first 7 episodes of season 1 of Mad Men.

I don’t get why everyone is so crazy about this show. I mean, it’s decent and well acted, but there is nothing about it that grabs me and makes me need to see the next episode. Also, I don’t like or identify with any of the characters, except Betty. Especially that twerp Pete. Man, he gets on my nerves and I couldn’t figure out why. Then today, I found out he was Connor on Angel. I KNEW he looked familiar. I think I must have latent residual dislike for him.

7.  I discovered that if you fast forward the Mad Men theme song x1 that it sounds like a pretty good techno song. Please tell me someone else has tried this. The Nip/Tuck theme did the same thing. And now I sound like a total loser.

Comments

1. Amanda says

Give Mad Men a few more episodes to grow on you; I promise you’ll enjoy Pete more as time goes on (TWSS). And by “enjoy” I mean “love to hate.”

2. amandasvids says

Love the new look of the blog:-)

Also, I feel the same way about Mad Men. Loved the acting, liked the show, but you are so right: I would finish an episode and be ok, I could do without watching another. In fact, I do not think I made it past the first season.
    Now my husband and I are watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. We are on episode four and are pretty sucked into it. Have you watched that one yet? It has a pretty twisted plot. Right up my alley!

3. Sarah S @RunningOnWords says

Friggin’ Connor, we hated that character! I’m on the waitlist for The Death Cure at the library but it is taking FOREVER. I think I liked The Scorch Trials the best. I still can’t decide how I felt about The Maze Runner.

4. Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry says

I am honestly working on a post with the same title as this right now. My week looks a lot like yours. Maybe I will rename mine to “Laziness” or something.
    I watched the entire season of Big Brother 11, where Jeff and Jordan fell in love.
    And I so feel the same way about MadMen! I stopped watching it a couple of episodes into the second season. It’s good, but it’s not first season of LOST good. Or The Walking Dead, or True Blood. Or Big Brother 11 apparently…

5. Run Eat Play says

I just finished The Death Cure last night and I felt the exact same way. Not as good as the other two and it moved really slowly. I raced through the first two books but this one didn’t hold my attention as long.
    Love the puff corn mustache!

• Eat: Watch: Run says

Yes! I feel like the little adventures never ended. Like, how many more bad situations could they possibly get in? And thank you! It’s still on the coffee table. We are cleaning around it. :-)

6. Amber K says

I’ve watched three seasons of Mad Men and I STILL don’t get why people like it. It’s not horrible (which is why I kept watching, that and I have this weird obsession with finishing what I start), but the episodes do not grab me or make me want to keep watching at all.

And I totally agree about Patrick Stewart and celebrity fascination – I can’t believe that’s her daughter! Also, I think I’m going to have to read the Maze Runner series because I see it everywhere!

7. Army Amy says

I read the first Maze Runner book, but I was ambivalent about reading the rest of the series. Maybe I’ll reconsider.

I love Lea Thompson! Do you watch Switched at Birth?*

8. strugglesofatwentysomething says

There are so many things I loved about this post!
    1) I read the Maze Runner series and felt the exact same way
    2) That’s Lea Thompson’s daughter?? Mind. Blown.
    3) And I died when I read that Pete/Connor has been crapping up tv shows since 2002. So true. Connor was the worst.