Worst Concert Ever #LMFAO #XL1067

Last night, LMFAO (and Jason Derulo, Karmin, and Outasight) played at the House of Blues as part of the XL 106.7 XL’ent Xmas concert series. LMFAO was the headliner, so tickets sold out pretty fast. Hubs regretted not buying tickets before the sell-out because he’s been liking LMFAO more and more recently. A couple days ago, tickets opened up again on Ticketmaster so hubs was all over it. We were LMFAO bound!

We arrived at HOB over an hour and a half after they opened the doors and still didn’t miss any of the opening bands (which was our reason for arriving late). So, we hung out at the bar for awhile and people watched while Outasight (not too bad) and Karmin (terrible) performed.

There was a really good view from the bar, particularly when the tallest man ever stood in front of me.

I saw one guy accidentally spill a drink all over his girlfriend and then ask her why she did that to herself. She was not amused. That was fun. We also noticed someone with a clever drink holder.

Jason Derulo finally came on stage. I don’t know anything about him except that song that reminds me of Beetlejuice, but I thought he was pretty good. He definitely has a good stage presence. And abs.

At the end of his set, he did back flips across the stage and a hand-stand where he was popping up and down on his hands. The dude has some serious acrobatics in him.

Finally, we were ready for our headliner. LMFAO is two guys. But only one of them was there.

I wasn’t familiar with their first song. The second song was I’m in Miami Bitch, the third was Shots, and the fourth was Party Rockin’. By the fourth song, I was getting worried they were slamming out all their hits so fast. I mean, I’ve been to a LOT of concerts and no artist does that.

The fifth song was I’m Sexy and I Know it.

And that was the end of the concert.

Five songs, 30 minutes, for the bargain price of $60 per ticket.

We stood there dumbfounded after the concert because we couldn’t believe it was over. And we were PISSED. I’ve never seen a headliner play shorter than an hour and 15 minutes, even with other bands. If the tickets were $20, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. For $60, we feel so ripped off. So of course I started tweeting nasties after the show. To LMFAO’s credit, they have he has a lot of energy on stage, sounds good, and can work a crowd. For 5 songs.

The XL 106.7 XL’ent Xmas concert series has shows every year at HOB and I will never go to another one after this. Giving LMFAO another chance is up in the air.

Comments

1. Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry says

Oh geez, I woulda been pissed… I guess I am not that surprised though, since I only know 3 of their songs anyway. also, when you only have a two-man band, how can you show up with a member missing?! Craziness.

That is my favourite part in Beetlejuice!!!

2. Victoria says

What the hell? Just so you know, my bootie will be shaking a little less when “Sexy and I know It” comes on during Dance Trance. Lazy and entitled, if you ask me.

3. Jackie @ MomJovi says

Total BS. That to me sounds like a group on its way down. Just curious — how long were the other acts’ sets? Just wondering if they told them to keep the show shorter than usual since they were part of a showcase? I went to an awful 9/11 Tribute concert in DC about a month after 9/11 and it featured a ton of bands (Aerosmith, James Brown, Pink, Diddy and Michael Jackson) and none of them played more than six songs. It was a different kind of event but I was still pissed how few songs each act played (and it was a mess of an event, but that’s another story). But that’s the only thing I can think that would explain that tiny show. So annoying.

• Eat: Watch: Run says

They all played for about 30 minutes each. But I didn’t think anything of that because that’s how long opening acts play. I mean, the bands at Lollapalooza played longer and they were part of a showcase. Even the $10 MTV Hard Rock Live shows a few years back were full concerts. It’s possible that is how the XL’ent Xmas shows go. We just wish we knew because we wouldn’t have wasted the money.

________________________________

4. lovelylici1986 says

WOW. I would have been PIIIIISSSSSSSSSSED. Wait. Maybe not. I probably would have been more annoyed by having to listen to a bunch of non-hits I never heard (and probably would not like), so maybe they/he were/was doing the crowd a favour by not wasting time? No? Ok. I’m right there with ya, mad again.

I’m more suprised that LMFAO was the headliner and not Jason Derulo.

Unforunately, I’ve heard that about the XL Christmas shows. At least you’ll never have to see any of those groups again. Silver lining :)

6. Biking My Mass Off says

You didn’t know that about them? They play all of their shows like a text acronym. In reality that show was 90 minutes and 12 songs, but you got the abbreviated version to save time and typing (and personnel apparently).

He should have at least given you his boxers. But really? Only one of the guys showed up? Did he actually perform live? Makes me wonder about what the other guy does . . .

8. Amber K says

That is ridiculous! I wondered what those tweets were about. Insane. Bummed that Karmin stunk, I love them! Their version of Look At Me Now is the best.

9. Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups says

Yeah, I would not have been happy paying that much for that concert! I have to admit, there are some shows where I wish the performers would play their hits and just move along, but not for a late start and $60/ticket. I do love that song I’m Sexy and I Know it, though.

• Eat: Watch: Run says

I never go to shows just for the hits. Usually I have the albums of those I see in concert, so to me all the songs are hits since I know them all. The more the better! :-)

________________________________

10. Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement says

These photos are ridiculous. Who are these LMFAO fans? Not the demographic I thought…

I saw Boyz II Men a couple months back and there was only 3 and they didn’t address the missing member. What is with that? It was the elephant in the room

11. runningismagical says

Nothing is worse than a horrible and disappointing concert. Live music done right can be the best thing in the world. And for 60 bucks? I’d be ready to throw down after a crappy 5 song set with half of the band there!

Trackbacks