My mind is all over the place this week. I’m trying to make lists of what I need to take to Savannah and figure out what I need to get done at the house before I leave on Thursday. We were also asked to put in extra hours this month at work which doesn’t help me get things done. It’s nerve wracking because I always think of 80 things to do at the last minute and get super stressed out. So with that, I give you the random things on my mind today.
2. DVR cut #3 is in.
Ok, to be fair I haven’t watched the second episode yet (and I will), but the show is a little too cheesy for me. The commercial made it look like a more tame Game of Thrones and instead it’s just silly. Also, I thought Ginnifer Goodwin was exceptionally horrible in the first episode which was disappointing because I like her. I’ve heard from several friends that Grimm is much better. Has anyone seen that one yet? I’m thinking of giving it a shot.
3. Max finally made it into his new house.
I need to get him some type of plant to do fishy things with since it’s so empty. But seriously, that’s pretty sweet digs for a stupid fish that doesn’t even like to swim. When I put him in the tank, he was swimming all over the place freaking out. Hubs thinks he’s on the verge of fishicide. I just think he looks really worried.
4. I dressed up as Buffy the Vampire Slayer at work yesterday for Halloween.
(That picture is from the last time I wore the costume. Picture edited to protect identities of the innocent.)
One guy asked me if I had my hair done (it’s a wig) and another guy asked where my costume was. I told him I was wearing it and then he asked if I was dressed up as a Technical Writer. Awesome. So at least 2 people think I look like that on a regular basis. At least I won a $25 gift card for guessing the amount of candy in a jar. I have Rainman-like abilities when it comes to candy.
I was the last person to make a guess, so that had to suck for other people. When I was on the cruise to the Bahamas, I was the last person that entered to win the spa treatment too. So let this be a lesson to you all. If I enter a contest last, I’m going to win.
5. I’ve had several of your comments go to spam lately, so if they’re not showing up, that’s why. I always forget to check my spam folder. I’ll try to be better about it!
6. My marathon playlist is coming together. I keep making changes because a song that sounds good now doesn’t mean it will sound good when I want to start listening at mile 16. Here’s what I have so far, but I’m sure it will change again.
7. I haven’t had any pop for SEVEN days. Ok, that’s not totally true. I had 3 alcoholic drinks that had Diet Coke in it and I had half a Diet Coke at the movies. But usually I have 3 cans a day on top of that. So by that standard, it’s a vast improvement. By the way, when you’re from Chicago, you call it pop. Not because you’re from the 50’s.
8. I came back from lunch today and saw this guy on the street.
I could have sworn he was planking, which is why I busted out the camera. Nope. He was strapped to that sign and the wind blew him over. He had to call someone to come out and lift him back up, sign and all. It was hilarious.
9. My favorite spam comment of the day.
Thank you. That is my goal. To make everyone happy right after a Schindler’s List viewing.