Fun on a School Night

Last night, hubs and I met up with our friend Joe to see Bassnectar at Hard Rock Live. I bought the tickets for hubs for his birthday, so I guess we’re still celebrating that damn day. Winking smile

The audience didn’t get probed by an alien spaceship. That’s just the stage set up.

This night marks the momentous occasion in which I didn’t take any pictures of myself or my friends. Those drinks must have been potent. So, instead I’ll show you a few more shots from the concert.

Why are people always putting their hands up right when I take a picture?

Can you see the DJ? Think Cousin It with more musical talent.

The show was sold out and had some really strict policies: no crowd surfing, no glow sticks, and I wasn’t allowed to have the cap to my water bottle. Good thing too because I was going to turn it into a deadly weapon.

He didn’t play my favorite song (I run to that song ALL the time) which I was really bummed about but the show sounded awesome and we all had a really good time.

What’s your favorite song to run to?

Comments

1. Jenny says

That stage DOES look crazy! I apparently live under a rock too because I don’t know who the heck that is. LOL So much for being young and hip. ;)

2. Prudence says

Two of my current faves are Sunshowers by M.I.A. & Sleazy by Ke$ha. I’m off to check out Bassnectar on iTunes. Love hearing what others run to!

3. Becky says

Enjoyed that song…was pretty darn good… :) Bassnectar, eh…and it sure figures EDM is blowing up in Orlando after we leave…sure ain’t here!

4. Lindz @ happyorhungry says

I am currently listening to the Bassnectar song you posted, and I have to say, it is kind of making me want to run.
    I think my fave song to run to is Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons. I think it’s the F-bomb that takes it to the next level for me. Pumps me up! Danger, High Voltage! would be a close second.
    Bahaha to your pop cap “weapon”

I confess: I run to dirty dirty rap and teeny bopper pop. Like, Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber. But my all time favorite song to run to is Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry. Hopefully that will redeem my credibility at least a little bit.

6. lapiattini says

I actually like the pics with the hands up- looks really cool!
    My fav running song is We Used to Wait by Arcade Fire