1. I’ve been getting an unusual amount of requests (that is, more than zero) to make American Horror Story recaps a regular thing on the blog. Who me? Talk about TV more? Why I couldn’t.
Oh right. Yes I could.
2. Last night’s workout was a speed run at the gym:
|1||10:00 warm up||1|
|1200 (3/4 mile)||8:34||1|
Total miles: 4.00
That run was hard and I wanted to slow down the last quarter mile or more of each 1200. I could barely maintain the 8:34 pace. But all I could think about was how I didn’t want to show a speed decrease on the blog. So there you have it. I almost died so I wouldn’t look like a total ass to you all.
3. Go wish this girl good luck in Chicago. She’s running her first marathon this weekend and she’s more nervous than Lindsay Lohan at a DUI check point.
4. Remember how I told you my hubs loves hula hooping?
You can check him out in action! (That’s a Youtube link.) We went to a bar we really like (that’s also a concert venue) and it was totally empty, so he practiced on the dance floor.
5. I bought my Betta fish, Max, (get it? Betta Max?) a $3 leaf hammock.
Who knew there was a business out there directed at making fish more lazy? Sometimes I put a fake bamboo plant in Max’s bowl and he actually rests a fin on it and chills out. So, this leaf seemed like it would allow him to be lazy but take up less bowl space so he could swim around more. This is what my life has been reduced to: trying to make a fish more comfortable. I was getting mad because he wasn’t using the leaf and it’s not like you can discipline fish or explain to them that $3 is really expensive for a leaf. Well, he finally used it! Not even food pellets moved his lazy ass off that thing.
A face not even a mother could love.