I ran 14 miles this morning. And now I remember why I love to run.
I just followed these simple rules and had the best run since marathon training began:
- Skip long run the previous weekend. Check.
- Order new shoes online, but make sure to order them too late to be delivered before next long run. Check.
- Drink 4 huge beers Thursday night. Check.
- While drinking those beers, meet a guy that grabs my arm and tells me I’m “meaty.” Check.
- Forget to drink water on Friday. Check.
- Get minimal sleep. Check.
- Forget water at home this morning and remember after I’ve already left the house. Check.
I’m not sure how it’s possible. But, I felt good the whole time. I ran faster than I have in months, and I finished with my fastest mile. Life is good.
Oh – I forgot to put Body Glide on my feet and still got a rash.
But that rash can suck it, because my run was awesome.