Tonight, I’m determined to get my tempo run in. I don’t even know what’s on the schedule for marathon training. I just know the schedule they put out is always different from what they email so I’m going to do whatever I want. I sent an email to the Marathonfest girl about it over a week ago and still haven’t heard back. But that seems to be a trend lately, but I’ll get to that in a second.
Last night’s workout with the personal trainer was a sweaty one.
- 1 mile run (outside) with 20 lb weighted vest
- 1 mile run with sprints (outside) with 20 lb weighted vest
- 3 sets of 30 second fast rounds: punching the punching bag (I got to wear my pink boxing gloves!), kicking the punching bag, mountain climbers, and jump rope.
Running and doing sprints with a weighted vest is tiring and man do you really use your ankles. We were beat after this workout.
Usually I have Three Things Thursday, but today I have one thing that’s been on my mind. Therefore, I have the lazily titled “Thing Thursday.”
You may already know that the hubs and I have 2 personal trainers. One we’ve been going to for years (Linda). The other we’ve been going to for maybe 3 or 4 months (Michael). We do mainly Crossfit with Michael and we really like the workouts. I think they’ve been an important part of the progress I’ve made as far as muscle gain and my decrease in body fat.
At the end of every month, the hubs and I schedule our workouts for the following month. We pay both trainers in advance. We show up on time for every workout. And we work our butts off and will do whatever workout is thrown at us.
For the past 3 of 4 workouts, Michael has pushed our schedule from 7pm to 7:30pm because of another client. The other session was canceled and rescheduled during a time I couldn’t make it.
That brings me to this quasi-timeline:
- 7/25: I sent Michael the workout schedule for August for approval.
- 8/1: I still haven’t heard from him and this day was a scheduled workout. I forward the 7/25 email, mention I haven’t heard from him, and check to see if the schedule is good and if we are definitely working out that night.
- Michael texts the hubs to see if we can do 7:30 instead of 7:00, but he still hasn’t responded to either of my emails.
- Hubs tells Michael we can’t do 7:30 because we have company in town and need to be back at the house by a certain time. Michael offers to reschedule our workout on a day that I can’t make it…again.
- I write another email that mentions the text, that I haven’t heard back about the schedule, and asks if he’s unable to do 7pm workouts for the rest of the month, or if it’s just today.
- I finally get a response from Michael that asks if 7:30 is too late (it is) and if we can do Tuesdays (we can’t).
- I respond to Michael’s email and hear nothing back.
- Hubs got frustrated and cancels all his sessions for the month.
- The next day, I write another email saying that I’m going to assume all my sessions are cancelled as well since I haven’t heard from him.
- He responds (promptly) though email (AND Facebook) saying that he’d like to work out a schedule and to let him know if there are any days this month that I would like to work out.
- 8/2: I send him a schedule. Again. And again I ask if those days and times are ok.
- Again, I haven’t heard back from him and it’s been 2 days.
Hubs and I have been frustrated with the time slippage and cancellations. Not only because it pushes our nighttime schedule back, but also because we have a schedule that we set every month that he agreed to. I understand that things come up here and there, and that’s fine with us. But because he has a new client, he pushes our schedule back.
We know the client that took our time slot gives Michael free back alignments (he’s a Chiropractor). We feel like Michael is picking favorites and our schedule doesn’t matter. Instead of scheduling the new guy around our set schedule, Michael gives him priority. He could have at least stuck out our paid schedule for the month and then asked us to change it up the next month, but he didn’t. I just think that’s a shitty way to do business.
Now, because I wasn’t able to make one of the reschedules, I’m out the money for that workout because I don’t know that we’ll be going back to him. The thing that sucks the most about this is that Michael a freakin’ GREAT trainer. He’s attentive, he really makes sure you use the right form, and his workouts are killer. We love them! Now, out of nowhere, we feel like we don’t matter at all as clients.
So, that’s my Thursday Thing. It’s very possible that Michael could read this as my blog posts to my Facebook page. And if he does, then that’s ok. It’s how I feel and I got it off my chest.
Have you ever had a problem with someone not sticking to a schedule?