Alright, first let me blab about last night’s workout.
Here’s a picture of me with no makeup on before I went to the gym to keep you distracted from all the numbers you’re about to see.
Some bloggers pose in the mirror. I really want to perfect the full body picture by extending your arm as far out as possible. I’m really working on getting my kneecaps in the shot. Just a little lower…
Workout: Sprints that tried to kill me
|1 mile||10:00 (warm up)||.5|
|1200 (3/4 mile)||8:57||.5|
|1000 (.63 mile approx.)||8:42||.5|
|200||10:00 (Couldn’t run anymore, ended up walking)||.5|
|800 (1/2 mile)||8:34||.5|
|800 (1/2 mile)||8:20||.5|
|600 (.38 mile approx.)||8:06||.5|
|400 (1/4 mile)||7:30||.5|
|400 (1/4 mile)||7:19||.5|
|1 mile||9:31 (cool down)||.5|
Total miles: 7.3 (6.4 miles were actual running)
To keep from actually dying on the treadmill, I had to start walking the 200’s after the first couple. Definitely not my intention with this workout but there would have been no more sprinting if I didn’t. There would have been dying.
Well, here’s an update:
- Eat more protein. I’m definitely eating more protein. Lots of chicken, egg whites, protein shakes, and my new favorite smoothie – Raspberry Chobani yogurt blended with a frozen banana and a little water. SO thick and yummy.
- Eat more fats. I eat more meat and cheese, so I can only assume that I’m eating more good fats. I also try to eat a handful of almonds everyday. And of course there’s that sunflower seed butter issue.
- Keep up my current strength training plan. This one has been going really well. I strength train 3x a week (sometimes 4x) and I’m seeing a difference in my upper body. However, I’ve only lost 2 or 3 of those 10lbs that I want to lose and my clothes aren’t fitting any better, which totally sucks.
This Saturday, hubs and I are getting our body fat percentage checked again so hopefully I’ll see the improvement there. That, or I’ll come home, sit clothed in a 1/4 filled bath tub, and rock back and forth for a few hours. You know, normal stuff.
- Drink less diet drinks and use less Splenda. This one is not going so well. However, I have discovered the formula if Splenda and Diet Coke mated and had babies.
- Eat less peanut butter. I’ve drastically reduced my peanut butter intake. Unfortunately, I’ve filled that void with Sunflower seed butter to dramatic levels. The jar is almost gone. I’m going to take your recommendations and try almond butter next. I can’t wait to see what that has in store for me.
- Cook something new and healthy. I made baked asparagus and Brussels sprouts. I also made butternut squash fries. It’s a start. I think I need a new, healthy, easy recipe soon.
On a completely random note, hubs let me know that my last post was my “weakest post ever” and that this is how a bunny should look with a helmet on.
Good thing I don’t have a blogging complex now.
Since we have a stalemate on the blog’s Facebook page, who thinks I should cut my bangs and who thinks I should grow them out? Remember…I look cute with bangs. Here’s proof:
Is anyone out there running the Tosh.O marathon in Hermosa Beach next month? If I were anywhere close to ready to run a marathon, I would do it. I want to run it SO bad. One of the questions on the sign up form is, “Are you willing to be on TV?”
Why yes. Yes I am.