Three Things Thursday

First, I just wanted to mention that you may notice updates to the look of my blog…again (if you’re not reading by email or a reader.)  It’s still a work in progress, so if you notice anything funky – most likely I’m aware of it and will fix it. Or I have no clue what I’m doing.

Next up is the workout goodness.

Last night, hubs and I met our personal trainer for a workout that looked like this: 10 fast rounds starting at 10 repetitions each and decreasing by one rep every round until we reached 1 rep.

• weighted deep squats
  • box jumps (18 inches for me, 24 inches for hubs – heh)
  • push-ups
  • sit-ups

We were super tired from our fitness class the day before and we still agreed the workout was a little easy for us. When we got home, I did 2.3 interval miles on the treadmill.

This morning, I got up and ran 3.25 interval miles on the treadmill (just like the ones last night) and walked .75 miles. My legs were still really fatigued from all the other workouts this week, so I probably should have taken a rest day. But I was already awake and too sweaty to go back to bed when I realized it, so I finished the workout and then played with the bunny.

Now on to today’s three things. Things I’m looking forward to.

1. Incubus is coming to Tampa! The bestie Facebooked me last night and we are already planning to buy tickets. That also means a new album is coming out. Oooh yeah.

The album comes out in July so that gives me a month to be a total creeper and learn all the lyrics. A new album also means that Brandon Boyd is back on my future husbands list. Helloooo lovah.

2. I’m seeing 10 Years in concert in August.

They only have a few minor hit songs so most people I know have never heard of them, but I love them and have never seen them live. Everytime they come to town, they open for some band I hate so much that I can’t bring myself to buy a ticket (Disturbed, Sevendust – I’m lookin’ at you). Anyway, I’ve been seeing so many pop concerts lately, it will be nice to rock out again. :-)

3. My birthday!

It’s not ’til Tuesday but I try to make everyone around me celebrate it for at least a week because I’m selfish like that. I’m also nice enough to share my birthday with celebrities: Prince, Bill Hader (from SNL), Liam Neeson, Dave Navaro (thanks Chris), and Anna Kournikova. I was going to keep June 7 to myself, but I felt generous. :-D

What celebrity shares your birthday?

Comments

1. says

Happy almost birthday!! I don’t share a birthday with any celebrities (that I know of) but I technically my birthday is the same as America’s (yes, July 4th). I still think that is pretty cool.

2. Becky says

My besties birthday is the same day as yours. Or is yours the same day as hers? ;) Btw – gonna miss celebrating both of yours…sniff sniff. Look forward to pics. :)

I think that George Lucas’s b-day is the same day as mine. :)

3. says

I celebrate my birthday with:

- Grandmaster Flash (yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh boooooooooyyyyyy)
    - Verne “Mini Me’ Troyer (has fricken sharks with fricken lasers
    - Elin Nordegren (Tiger’s a douche)

And if you want to get all revolutionary:
    - Betsy Ross
    - Paul Revere

• says

Yes! Me too! I even thought about not posting about them because people are gonna be all…”whaaa?” But then what if the lead singer wants to bring me on stage? He’s gotta know I’ll be there. August 3rd. In Orlando. At 8pm. :-)

4. says

I have the worst celeb birthday list ever. It’s like Jason Bateman and LL Cool J. Oh, and Benedict Arnold. Having Grandmaster Flash or Prince would be pretty awesome. I’m totally jealous of those.

5. says

I have no idea who those bands are because I am lame, but I’m excited that you’re excited! :)

The only “celebrity” I know that shares my birthday is Edgar Allen Poe. I had to do a report on him in 6th grade because of it. Lame. I don’t know if you know anything about Edgar Allen Poe, but he was into some weird shiz. Stuff 6th graders don’t need to be researching. Glad your birthday twins aren’t quite so creepy.

• says

Girl, you need to start doing some research on Incubus. They have some great running tunes! Also, we are going to need to find you a new celebrity for when people ask this question. :-)

6. says

I had to look it up, but there are apparently a ton of celebrities that share my birthday. I don’t know who all of them are – but here are the ones that I recognize: Chris Isaak , Derek Jeter, Michael Vick, Chris O’Donnell, Sean Hayes, Jason Schwartzman, Paul Thomas Anderson, and Pearl S. Buck

7. Sara says

I share a bday with Taylor Lautner, Jennifer Aniston, Sarah Palin, and Burt Reynolds. Interesting lot.

8. David says

Eric Stoltz, Scott Baio, Joan Jett, Debby Boone, David Coverdale, John Houseman (musicians & actors – not bad)

9. stoppingfordaisies says

Yay for your bday coming up! And yay for some good shows coming up soon! And I love that cartoon, it’s always been one of my faves.

10. says

I used to like Incubus, but then they started to remind me of a guy who I dislike now, so now I can’t stand them. I am sorry.

Happy early birthday!

11. Katie G says

Igor Stravinsky, M.C. Escher, Ralph Bellamy, Joe Piscopo, Greg Kinnear, Jason Patric . . . and Barry effin’ Manilow!

12. Mz. Teri says

I share my birth date with Ryan Phillippe, Arnold Palmer, Mikey Way (bassist for My Chemical Romance – sweet!), and although I’m not thrilled about this one – Sanjaya Malakar (Idol contestant from a few years back who thought he was all that. lol)

13. says

Happy early birthday! I’m excited for you for those awesome concerts! And that cartoon is too cute :)

So, what exactly IS that hard to kill plant you liked on my blog??? Is it a cactus?

14. says

You need to learn about extreme celebrating. It’s called the Birthday Fortnight. It lasts for two weeks, the week before and the week after your birthday. Each day you must have something celebratory going on. Make your friends and family do all the work. It’s the only way my friends and I celebrate old age!

• says

LOL! I love it! I’m going to need to hear more about the details on this daily celebrating and how you get friends and family to do all the work. I’m good at crying on demand. I bet that would help.

15. adrianna says

cat stevens, josh hartnett, and robin williams…july 21.

happy early bday! a good friend of mine is being induced that day, too, so you’ll share a bday w/ a random baby :)
    LOVE brandon boyd! and incubus. def gotta check out their tour schedule…