S!#t My Husband Draws-Evil Cake

If you’re new to the blog, this is a segment I do without any regularity. Much like my bowels. At work, my husband and I communicate over IM and he likes to draw random pictures with the IM draw tool. These pictures make me laugh. I post them.

If you missed any of the other posts, you can see them herehere, here, here, here, and here.

*************************

The company we work for gets cake once a month for all the employees to celebrate the birthdays of the month. Every month, I try to NOT walk by the kitchen so I’m not tempted to take a piece.

Let’s face it. I eat crap everyday and the last thing I need is an extra piece of cake every month.

Our IM conversation went like this:

Hubs: There’s cake in the kitchen.
Me: I know, I was just there. It was staring me down!
Hubs:

cake

That’s a piece of cake staring me down.

Really, what I’d like to point out here is that the cake is floating and in a noticeably bad mood and I have an arm growing out of my chest. At least he got the thumbs right.

Does your work have cake day? (My work has cake day, bagel Friday, ice cream socials, raffles for sweets, random pancake breakfasts, and yearly BBQs. A lot employees gain the “freshman 15″ except they aren’t freshman and it’s probably  more than 15.)

Comments

1. indecisiveari says

Um… yes!! Just today my work brought leftover donuts to the break room. I totally was resisting them until a teacher BROUGHT ONE TO ME. I was being so good too! Somehow I only ate half the donut but it was hard.

Then there are the monthly dessert days they have.. and teacher appreciation week is coming up… oh boy!

• Eat:Watch:Run says

That is the worst when someone brings it to you! There are people at work that know my weakness for cupcakes and they bring them to me. I’ve been known to eat 2 or 3 of them. In a row.

2. Angie says

Yeah, food seems to be what work does to keep employees happy. This Friday we have a breakfast and lunch. I’m sure they will go ahead and throw the April birthday cake in the break room the same day just in case we need an afternoon pick me up.

We have birthday cake day, and we’re required to gather in a conf room with the cake, and sing. And then people call you out when you leave the room without a piece. I try to go out to lunch at that time or hide under my desk in the fetal position.

4. Danielle says

We have dessert day once a month and school and a church down the street brings a cake for that months birthdays the 2nd friday of each month. KICKS MY BUTT!!
    LOVE @#$@ your husband draws…but I think I tell you that EVERY time.

5. KNed says

We have monthly cake too, but for some reason, they always do the singing and cutting at 10am. I really don’t want cake that early, but I eat it anyway. I think they may fire me if I don’t.

6. Ronk says

1) I think you should start a gallery showcase with your husband’s drawings. Put the gallery in Alienbrain and make people check them out to view them. 2) I gained 30 pounds the first year I worked where you worked. Those bagels, man.

7. Running Girl says

Love the cake picture! My office is right next to a conference room where all day meetings are regularly held. Not only does this mean that I have to walk past the food 67 times a day on my way to get water, use the bathroom, go to meetings, etc, but it also means I can smell the delicious aroma of whatever they are eating. It’s torture!

Trackbacks