A lot of people find my blog through Warrior Dash search queries, so I thought it might be nice to answer some of the “questions” I get through those searches.
The hubs and I did the Lake Wales (Florida) Warrior Dash in January and we had so much fun that we plan on doing it again next year.
Warrior Dash Reviews
What should I eat before Warrior Dash?
- I didn’t eat anything. But I would recommend eating an hour or more beforehand like any other race. A small snack beforehand would be ok too.
Can you just watch the Warrior Dash?
- Yes! And it doesn’t cost you anything. There are a lot of areas around the course where you can spectate, particularly toward the end of the race and there are tons of people watching and cheering on the participants.
Warrior Dash hot girls
- God bless you for clicking the link to my blog after this search.
Do I have to run the whole Warrior Dash?
- No, you don’t. You can run/walk it. You can walk the whole thing if you want to and finish in your own time. Just know that the race wave that runs it after yours will probably catch up to you.
Is there a lot of running in the Warrior Dash?
- There is a 3 mile run during the Warrior Dash with obstacles in between.
Can I skip obstacles at Warrior Dash?
- Yes and no. Some obstacles you can “cheat.” For instance, you can run or walk the sides of mud pits where the mud isn’t as deep. But some obstacles are roped off to control the flow of runners and you can’t skip them (like jumping over cars or the fire jump).
Warrior Dash hat
- Here’s the hubs in his hat.
These hats (and the shirts we are wearing) are in your race packet. Sweeet.
I missed my Warrior Dash wave. / Can I run in a different wave?
- Yes. We missed our wave and just walked into another. You could do the course twice if you really wanted to. No one is checking those waves.
How do they know what wave you are in at Warrior Dash?
- As far as I know, they don’t. They didn’t check our wave at all.
Funny costumes for Warrior Dash
- If you’re thinking about dressing up, DO IT. It’s the best part and SO many people are dressed up in fun costumes. Like me!
Warrior Dash best beard contest winners
- I did not win despite my natural 5 o’clock lady-beard. Moving on…
How many people run in Warrior Dash?
- A lot. There are waves of runners every half hour all day long. I don’t know exactly how many people were in my wave, but it looked to be around 200 people.
How long does it take to finish Warrior Dash?
- This depends on your running or walking pace and how fast you can get over the obstacles. Remember, it’s a 3 mile run in dirt and mud. It took me about 40 minutes to finish. Generally, I can run 3 miles on pavement without obstacles in about 28 minutes.
What do you do at the Warrior Dash?
- See my Race Review.
Can I take a camera to Warrior Dash?
- Spectators can definitely do this. I wouldn’t recommend it for participants, although I had a disposable waterproof camera with me the whole time and it never got in the way. I strapped it with a rubber band (that came with the camera) to my arm.
Can I run the Warrior Dash pregnant?
- I’m no doctor, but I wouldn’t recommend it. You can easily fall and hurt yourself on a lot of the obstactles if you’re not careful. Talk to your doctor.
Warrior Dash shoes recommendation
- Wear an old pair of sneakers (with laces) that you don’t care about. Tie them tight and double knot them because your feet get stuck in the mud. There were a lot of abandoned shoes on the course.
You can leave your sneakers at the site when you’re done because they have a shoe collection for those less fortunate. I left my shoes. Hubs brought his home and threw them in the washing machine and they look brand new.
What are some other races like Warrior Dash
- There are a bunch. Muddy Buddy and Tough Mudder are a few.
Is there real barbed wire in Warrior Dash?
- Yes, it is. And hubs didn’t believe me. But now he does:
Honestly, the barbed wire didn’t get anywhere near us even when we had to duck or roll under it. Even though it’s real, it’s set up so it’s “safe.”