Vacation is over and now is the time to get back on track and into my routine. I know resolutions are made and goals are renewed on the first of the year, but I’m really feelin’ the third this year. Mostly because of my need to eat peeps and white fudge covered oreos for dinner last night.
I have a few goals for 2011 and I’ve been deciding on whether to post them or not. If I don’t post them, only I will know if I’m a loser and didn’t stick to them. I guess that’s the point of sharing your goals. To stick to them or else let everyone know you failed if you didn’t.
6. Sleep more: I average about 6 hours a night. This will directly conflict with #5. But I figure, it will also save me money in anti-aging cream, Red Bull, and toothpicks to keep my eyes open.
7. Be a better blogger: I want to buy my own domain so I’ll keep you updated on that. I’d also like to improve my photographs. Is there anything you’d like me to blog about (like my bunny) or anything you don’t particularly like (don’t say my bunny)? Just let me know in comments.
With Goal #3 in mind, but apparently not Goal #7 (*cough*photos*cough*), I bring to you…
How to Make the Most Expensive Salad Ever 101
1. Don’t grocery shop for 2 weeks.
2. Come back from vacation fat and lazy.
3. Go to the grocery store and buy all the pre-made, pre-washed things you can get your hands on during your lunch break.
|Spring Mix, Peppers and Onions, a cucumber, canned beets and asparagus.
And 80 salad dressings just in case.
Like the strategically placed picture of me and the Hubs?
4. Cut up cucumber, onions, and peppers. (I actually brought a peeler and knife with me to work today.)
5. Open classy can of asparagus with a can opener because it’s not as cool as the beets with a pull-top.
6. Discard the asparagus because you had no idea it tasted like pure evil out of a can.
7. Slice up the beets. (Note: If you’ve never bought beets before like me…there is a lot of red water in there. Don’t wear white or you’ll look like a bleeder.)
8. Place all that goodness on top of your spring mix and enjoy your salad that cost $20 but should have cost $5.
Optional: Realize you forgot to buy a protein and curse every bite because it doesn’t contain chicken.